What's Your Favorite Pocket Knife?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishrollo, Jan 8, 2010.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My favorite pocket knife is one that was gave to me from my grandfather years ago when I was a young boy. He was in the U.S Army for a long time, and gave me his dated 1968 Camillus U.S issued knife. It is stainless steel, single non-locking blade, with a can and bottle opener. I have carried this knife for many years, only using it for little things, trying to keep it in decent shape. I hope to give it to my son one day, as it was gave to me, and has lots of sentimental value. Does anyone else carry a knife that has meaning, or a special value to you? Maybe you just like it. I would like to hear. Here is a few pictures of it.. rollo

Attached Files:

2. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I collect knifes...Most of mine are new but some of mine are WWI and WWII but i dont know any thing about them i dont know whos they were...I have one i carrie when i go fishing it is a winchester i got al walmart on clearence for $5 i bought 6 of them so i have them for a while..i also have a BUCK brand knife that i love...not very sharp though

3. kawriverrat

kawriverrat Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Favorite knife well I have several. But the one I carry most is my Benchmade Barrage.

Attached Files:

4. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I have a snap-on knife i like too..It is all black chrome alloy steel!!!!!

5. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    SOG is what I have in my pock right now, used blades specially made for my unit while I was a USAF Combat Controller. Been partial to em eversince, plus they are made in USA-Lynnwood/Mount Lake Terrace Washington, lived about 10 blocks from the factory & showroom for 5 years (till 2008), it is north of Seattle 1/2 way inbetween Everette & Seattle. I prefer a spring assist folder but I also have a fixed blade in the truck (14" and VERY Sharp).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  6. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i have one that my dadinlaw gave me about 5 yrs ago. the nameplate has fell off but he said it was his dads. the small blade has been sharpened down to a toothpick, and the big blade has a lot of wear. the metal will rust but it keeps a edge better than any knife i have ever owned. but it meant alot to me that he would give it to me instead of his son.he is 80 now and health is declining. so i guess it is the most special knife i have ever had!

7. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I have a few old case knives and I have the case muskrat that my Grandfather used to carry.I never do anything with it but oil every so often.My favorite knife to carry is the Benchmade AFCK.I love this knife , it just feels right.I lost it for three months , I scoured over ebay and could never find a new one or a good used one.They discountinued this model a few years ago.I tried carrying my benchmade 9050 SBK but it is to thick and heavy for pocket carry.I happened to bump into an old friend one day and noticed he was carrying an AFCK.I asked if he would sell it.Come to find out he bought two of them at a knife show and he sold me his other new one.About two days later I find mine in my boat rod locker.So at least now I have a spare.

8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    my fave is my blue bone case 2 blade but most of the time i carry a 3 blade bone handle case its smaller and feels better in my pocket

9. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I carry several knives,, and, I like them made with excellent steel alloys,, D2, 154 CM, or O-1, and high carbon tool steels., Like 1095...
    Knives with most of these alloys are a bit harder to sharpen,,,except the 1095, but, the edges are very sharp..and, hold the edge for a lot of work.!!

I like the one handed pocket knives w/ a clip, as, they are faster to get the needed work done., and carry those most of the time..
    My Favorite pattern is a Mountain Man Lockback w/ Stag handles and D2 steel!! I carry that one in a leather sheath..

10. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Benchmade Stryker Auto BM9100SBK
    Still brand new in box and haven't used it once. Cost over $150 and I got it free when I was in the Army. Didn't know they cost that much until now. Great knife but will probably never use it. It is illegal in Illinois because of the Button auto open(switchblade).

11. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I am gonna reply to this about John's knives....don't know what he'll say but I have an opinion.

His fav knife of mine is a black handled ( dont know what it was made of) Puma that Me and the boys got him for father's day, when they were very small children...they said they wanted to get him a knife and I was reluctant because he had one, but I found this puma and thought hmmm, those are good ones, I'll get that, so I did.

He carried it until the blade was and is so worn that it is dangerous to carry now. Still has it somewhere, even though he can't use it anymore. This is a very fav memory of our family of mine...I bet you didn't even know that did you John?:cowboy:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  12. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've had a Buck pocket knife for around 48 years. Lost it once, but it was found and returned.

13. g3l33m

g3l33m Member

State:
    Pec, Illinois
    Favorite knife? Spyderco Manix. I was/am into custom and handmade knives before I got back into fishing so I've got lots of knives. Some are one of a kind custom tactical knives and some are production (factory made) knives. I like the Manix best because it's big enough for most jobs, has a full flat grind which makes it a great cutter, it's made of S30V steel which is a fairly tough semi stainless steel that will take and hold a decent edge, it's a lockback so it stays open reliably, it's got a pocketclip, and it's easy to open with the thumb hole.
    Here's a link to one of my websites that I used to dump pictures on when I was in my knife heyday a year or three ago that you can check out to see some cool knives. http://www.g3l33m.com/knives/ (The knives in the for sale section are long gone and no others are for sale, I'm just too lazy to update it. :) )

View attachment 96004

14. kawriverrat

kawriverrat Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Picture Please!!

15. oklakugels

oklakugels New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That is really cool man! I have the exact same knife in a box of memorabillia somewhere, I've got to track it down now, I don't know hold old it is but i found a couple years ago.

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I most carry a small Case knife, but my favorite is an old Queen. Both are very sharp.

17. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well i lost mine i guess, i use a lighter to burn my line lol, i rip the bluegil in half with my hands , i do need another buck knife but id just loose it lol

18. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I've lost all my old knives so don't have any special ones except the swiss army knife my daughter bought for me on her senior trip to Europe. I use it all the time, the scissors are great for cutting braid.

19. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Actually this Puma has been sent back twice to have the blade lock and spring worked on. It sits in the wooden box on my gun case along with your granpa's knife. Along with a few others i've retired. I carry a yellow handle trapper case and use it every day. When it's time i'll put it in the BOX and get me another one. Like most, i own several knives but i'm partial to case. McGrew also makes a fine knife. They bought an old case factory in Arkadelphia and produce knives identical to case except the thumb knoch is on the opposite side of the blade. Guess because of patients or something, they had to change something, i dunno. Keep em sharp, a dull knife will hurt ya.

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I carry a blue bone handled case in trapper pattern,My wife bout it as a fathers day gift in 2000. I also carry from time to time a blue bone handled congress pattern 4 blade made by tree brand . My son gave me this one for Christmas 07.