Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always a little slow on the theads for lakes. Lets see what your favorite lake is. One thing that is good about lakes is ,you dont have to worry about being flooded out.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
One thing that is good about lakes is ,you dont have to worry about being flooded out.
Unless the local lake is a flood control lake that is still 30 feet above the normal pool level. lol.
Don't really lake fish much so I would have to go with Dillon Lake since it's close. It does have some nice sized channels in it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I LIKE CLENDENING, SALTFORK.
AND YES YOU CAN GET FLOODED OUT AT A LAKE.
ONE YEAR AT CLENDENING YOU COULD NOT GET CLOSE TO THE RAMP,THE WHOLE LOT WAS UNDER WATER, COULD NOT SEE THE RAMP.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Buckeye Lake and Dillon ... but hope to be adding to this before summer is over ........ If it ever gets here ..!!!! ... garry- :crazy:

·
Registered
375 Posts
My favorite lake in Ohio is Rocky Fork Lake.

I normally fish Caeasar's Creek Lake, but it's only good at night, when the speed boats are gone.
are many flatheads caught consistantly out of ceasars creek? you never hear too much about it, i thought about trying it last year but never got around to it, always fished the river..

·
Registered
374 Posts
are many flatheads caught consistantly out of ceasars creek? you never hear too much about it, i thought about trying it last year but never got around to it, always fished the river..

Caesar's Creek lake Covers 2,830 acres of fishing water and
33 miles of shoreline.

It is said to be the deepest lake in Ohio, reaching depths of 110' give or take near the Dam.

We have always caught plenty of channel cats out of Caesar's Creek, but it wasn't untill the past couple of years that anyone caught sizeable flatheads.
Before flooding the valley, the Army Corps of Engineers put alot of planning into making sure there was plenty of structure below the lake for fish habitat. That was 30 years ago, giving plenty of time for some nice big shovelheads to grow.

The lake is also full of shallow coves with stumpbeds, so if you are out on a boat, it's not too hard to get away from the general population to fish.

So...all the elements of good catfishin' are there....

If you come down this way, give me a holler. I'm only 1/4 mile from Wellmans Boat Dock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have to say Charles Mills is one of my favorite lakes in my area, I caught a 46lb flathead there last year and catch lots of channel cats in the 5 to 10lb range. Its also a 10hp lake so not any ski boats to deal with.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.