whats your favorite kind of fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bigal1, Oct 16, 2005.

1. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    What is your all time favorite kind of fishing?

2. bigal1

bigal1 New Member

State:
    huntsville alabama
    mine is probably brim fishin there is nothing like gettin on a good bead of brim and boy are they good eatin too...but dont get me wrong catfishin is probably my all time 2nd :)

3. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    You might have changed your mind on that if you were in my boat last night. I had the best night of my life. I caught a 52# blue, 35# flattie, 24# flattie, 3 15# blues, and had another nice one break off in some trees. I did all this in 6 1/2 hrs, so my answer is definitely catfishing.

4. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    My favorite kind of fishing is catching the bait for big cats with my 6 year old daughter.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    catching bream and cats.

6. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Tightlining for catfish
    Flippin' and pitchin' for bass
    tightlining for trout.
    I like any kind of fishing.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Cattin but I will fish for pert near anything that swims in freshwater.

8. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    WTG, JAYNC. You must have had a blast. I am envious, to say the least.

9. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    It was a lot of fun, it seemed like I couldnt even sit down the whole night. As soon as you would get more bait in the water a clicker would be going off. It was a lot of fun to say the least.

10. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I enjoy drift fishing for catfish! :0a23:

11. fourteenfootcat

fourteenfootcat New Member

State:
    Big Spirit Lake, Iowa
    Walleye fishing with my older brother:

He doggedly jigs, spoons, raps, cranks, hooks, baits, swears, throws, uses massive profanity when snagged, rigs, ties, cuts, re-ties, paints, re-paints, changes rods, changes reels, changes line, changes bait, changes anchor position, gets out the drift sock....

all....

....to no avail.

And me...

I sit. Very silently. The bulldog by my side. Up on a seat at the bow and drink Guiness, and wonder...

Why not just go catfishin'?

Words from the peanut galleria in my life,

James

12. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    there is this one small cove on the lake (my fav)... has everything in it ....i love going there in early spring and putting out cat lines from one end of the boat ,and tossing mr twisters and spoons,catching sand bass,largemouthmsmallmouth and skipjacks from the other end of the boat ..with the occasional mad dash to the other end to reel up a nice bluecat or flathead.....sooooooooo i cant make up my mind ....i like all kinds of fishin :wub: ...lol

13. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I enjoy catfishing the most. I love to wade the riffles for blues and channel cats...and also anchoring in front of the dam using 6" perch for flathead and the bigger blues. I never miss the whitebass and wiper spring spawning runs. Fishing for the bigger Largemouth and Smallmouth is good in the spring as well. The spoonbill are fun too. It's nice to stock up on walleye and crappie fillets in the early spring. In the late fall and through winter it's sometimes fun to catch rainbow and brown trout when nothing much else is biting. I have to admit that I even enjoy catching the perch that I use primarily for bait. Whatever is biting the best is what I tend to pursue, until the cats show up in the river and then I'm there more than anywhere other than work and home.

14. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Striper Fishing,
    channels aren't that big in the river here least i haven't gotten a really big one yet so i'd have to say strpers would be my favorite although i enjoy any type of fishing.

15. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I just love fishing.Its the one thing I do for myself and the species does not matter.I have been lucky and able to fish around the world with virtually every type of method including a 30lb Pike on a handline while at BoyScout summer camp.BOOGIE your lake sounds like it might be in Tenn.I used to fish them all from Dale Hollow east and west.Percy Priest might be my all time favorite.In the fall it wasn't unusual to catch Stripers,hybrids,whites ,smallmouths and largemouths from the same area ,all of them busting shad on the surface.Never knew what was going to hit on the next cast.

16. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I'll like whatever type of fishing I'm doing at the moment, lol. Had alot of fun trout fishing the other day with my twins, but we like to go catting at the tailrace, and fish for gill and rock bass also. Whatever is easiest for the boys to catch works good for me, cuz it keeps them interested.

yummmmm, Guiness..... :love-big:

17. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Blue cating, Saltwater tuna and white sea bass and yellowtail, and just simple crappie fishing. Crappie gave me the love for fishing vwhen i was young.

18. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Well there is one in every family and I guess I am it for this family….. LOL But I would have to say my favorite kind of fishing is Shark. There is nothing like have a reel smoke when a shark starts to run. And the power on the other end of that line is just totally breath taking. Tarpon is a close second, but then again I just love to fish.

19. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i enjoy catching baitfish all day.......then packing up and hitting the river bank.........preferably a nice sandbar with a fire right behind us.....

20. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I love to catch big cats and big crappie. I often use fishing methods that produce both big cats and big crappie and usually come back with both species in my basket.