Whats your favorite kind of broadhead?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by flatheaddundee, Nov 9, 2005.

1. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    I was just wondering what everyone thought of the broadhead they shoot and why they like or dislike it. I shoot muzzy 100's 3-blade and like the flight and consrtuction but they dont seem to make an impact on deer unless put directly into the lung area. I have lost one deer this season due to this does anyone have the same problem?

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I used to shoot Muzzy's and switched to Thunderhead 100's and got better flight and better impact on the deer. Most of the time I would pass though the deer. ;)

3. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    I may have to look into those.. I have you ever shot any fixed blade cut on contact heads with good flight?

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Yes, I have Magnus makes a goods cut on contact head. Just have to tune it to fly. That is why I like the Thunderheads they have a o-ring to put on and just screw them on and shoot. no tuning needed.

5. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    magnus is my broad head of choice,i have experiamented with several brands of heads and have alway came back to magnus,this year i am shooting the new stingers and i absolutley love em,i killed 2 deer with the same head and can still take more after a quick resharpen,i also like the magnus "vented" heads and the magnus snuffers.

6. kildog

kildog New Member

I only shoot recurves and longbows and my bh of choice is the cut on contact ..2 blade...magnus stinger....love that head....it is very durable, easy and quick to sharpen. and deadly....you can't go wrong with the stinger. I have shot one buck with them this year. he only ran 40yds. KD

7. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    i also only shoot recurve and long bow and have always used either cedar or ash shafts,to bad magnus doesnt make a glue on stinger lol. but i gladly made the change from my wood arrows to aluminum arrows.i really do think the stingers are the best heads on the market and the costumer servise for magnus is second to none,all heads have a life time warrenty,whether you mess up the heads and it was your fault or an accident they will replace them no questions asked.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I shoot NAP's Shockwave 100's.
    Unlike you guys, I use a cross bow, but the shot placement still has to be ther, etc..... I also am a big fan of Muzzy 3 Blade 100's.