What's your favorite fishing magazine?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MilwaukeeCatHunter, Apr 12, 2006.

1. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    In the off-season, I try to kill time by reading a lot of fishing magazines. Personally, my two favorites are In-Fisherman and North American Fisherman. Once and a while, I will pick up Fishing Facts magazine. I get a bunch of the WI Muskie mags too because that is my other fishing passion.

Other than "Catfish Now" what's your favorite fishing magazine?

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Besides "Catfish Now" it would be a toss up between "Texas Fish and Game" and "Texas Sportmen" both are excellent reading.

3. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I prefer In-Fisherman over the North American Fishing Club Magazine, and I think the biggest put off is all the non-fishing related crap that NAFC sends with their magazine. I had a subscription when I was younger and all I ever got was a decal, a key ring, and a magazine. I signed up with NAFC again last year, and they started sending me tons of junk mail. I got ads for mattresses and ED drugs. What the heck does erectile dysfunction have to do with fishing???? I finally had to call up their service desk and tell them that if they didn't stop sending me all that crap they could cancel my subscription right then and there.

My NAFC renewal is coming up due soon, but I don't think I'll be renewing it for the above reasons, and because they seem to have the exact same stories as In-fisherman at about the same time, but In-Fisherman is a lot more in depth.

4. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I love FUR-FISH-Game. They have great articles on almost every outdoor activity and from all over the place. Lots of nice tips as well.

5. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    i personally don't have an off season...;)

but i like in-fisherman!

6. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Im always picking up Infisherman or Texas sportsman

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The best type fishing magazine that I know of is Florida Sportsman with Texas a close second.Of course the are geared to those particular states but I buy them all the time.The State version mags are best for what is in your area and In-Fisherman is good and informative.NC has NC Sportsman which I consider excellent and now SC has started their version.Fur Fish And Game is an old favorite that has been doing the job for generations.I read them all from Outdoor Life to Fly Fishing and everything in between plus all the boating mags.;) :rolleyes: :)

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I do not have a favorite but will buy/look any fishing mag about catfishing. I do not but hunting magizines at all. I only own one gun, a pistol that is for home protection only!!

9. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I have been told that those ED drugs come in handy later in life. You might want to keep the info coming for a few years. LOL

10. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I really like "Extreme Fishing." Most stores don't have it but good old walmart does.

11. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Catfish Insider! Too bad it isn't a monthly! Then In-Fisherman.

12. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    I prefer In-Fisherman, NC Sportsman, and NC Game & Fish
    Hubby gets North American Fisherman and there are good articles and tips in it overall.

13. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    A.C.A.T.S. and InFisherman in the NW they have Fishing & Hunting News which has current info on specific areas, a paperback but the best.

14. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    I Usually Buy A Copy Of Great Plains Game And Fish Whenever A New Edition Hits The Stands. If I Was A Smart Feller, I Would Just Give In And Subscribe To It. Someday I Might Wise Up.:)

15. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I don't subscribe to any and don't like many either. I buy the Catfish-Insider when it has friends in it. I guess what I object to is all the ads and the repetitive information. Infisherman recycles the same old info year after year but you have to take it with a grain of salt. Those Minnesota lakes and rivers aren't quite the same as Lake of the Ozarks or the Missouri river. What makes an edge in Minnesota might not be the same as here or where you fish. Big fish get to reside in the ideal habitat on most lakes but whats ideal in a clear natural lake and a man made old impoundmant are vastly different. They don't bother to explore these differences. If they do a show or an article from any of the more southerly places they have to use local guides or local experts. To me that kind of means the information they put out is suspect. Just my rant but if you want to get better fishing where you live find a local guide hire him/her and pick his brain. It might cost you more than a yearly subscription but in the long run it will be money better spent. See ya on the water!