What's your favorite drift rig?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by copycat, Apr 8, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    What's your favorite drift rig? I am going to be doing alot of drift fishing in a local tital river using cut bait. Which rig do you prefer? I will be experimenting to try and find the best rig for my area. I greatly appreciate your advice as I never targeted catfish this way. The fish here may get to 15# or more so i'm wondering hook size, best type of hook and type of rig layout, presentation, etc.
    Thanks

2. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I drift using a variety of rigs trying to match up with the conditions and area want to fish but I often use what I call a drop shot rig. I tie a heavy sinker on the end of my line. Up abour 2', I tie a snap swivel and run a #2 Eagle Claw presnelled hook and leader off of it. I then put another snap swivel up about another 18"s and put an Eagle Claw hook and leader on it. I mainly drift with the rig running more or less vertically with the sinker barely touching the bottom. I raise and lower the rig to match the depth of the water.

3. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I drift fish with a similar rig. I fish it basically the same way. Bumping it off the bottom. The link goes to a thread talking about flathead fishin and rigs. There is a picture of the rig that I use. I usually don't use the straw and cork though.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6474