What's Your Favorite Dip Bait Brand and Flavor?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Diego, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Diego

Diego New Member

State:
    California
    Hey guys, what brand and flavor of dip bait do you like and at what time of year does it work best for you?

I have never tried dip baits but I've heard they work best in late summer. I'm leaning towards picking up some Danny King original flavor but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

2. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I like to use Sonny's Original. I have better luck with it than the blood fomula.

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Doc's blood bait works good around here. The original doesn't seem to do as well.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If I can list one, I would have to choose Catfish Charlies in Shad. Sonnys Blood is just as good. I would suggest you carry several with you. There are days the fish will prefer one over the other. Best of luck to you.:big_smile:

5. Diego

Diego New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the suggestions. Do you guys feel dip baits work better than cut bait in certain situations? Time of year, time of day, water temp, current, etc?

Also, is there ever any benefit to using a dip bait as an attractor along with cut bait, perhaps on a two hook rig?

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Live Bait and Cut Baits will out perform stink baits most of the time. It will also attract larger fish. Dip Baits work good when you are wanting to catch some for the frying pan. (Eaters) I never go fishing without dip baits in my boat. I prefer skipjack heads over everything else. Shad is next. Then Dip Baits.:big_smile:

7. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I like BEE-JAY blood bait.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Danny Kings punch bait in the blood is my favorite.