Whats your favorite Catfishing rod?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by flathunter, Oct 30, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mine would have to be the quantum bigcat, I have 3 in m/h and 2 in heavy action...I would reccomend the heavy for fishing in strong currents for big cats..In most conditions the m/h is plenty..I also like the ugly stik tiger rod.

2. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    i luv my uglystik for any kind of fishing in just about any kind of conditions.

3. hoosier angler

hoosier angler New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Medium heavy Ugly stick tiger rod Tuna medium heavy with Abu 7000 big game reel :D

4. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I'm with Flathunter,Big Cats,paired with anything in the 6000-7000 Ambassadeur range. :D

5. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    To me its hard to beat the ugly stick tiger rods. They will flat out pull in anything in freshwater. But the quantum big cats are sweet as well.

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I like the BigCats as well, I have heard decent remarks on B.P's CatMaxx poles as well.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I like Ugly Stik and Cat Maxx so far they haven'l failed me so I'll stick with them. :)

8. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i have a shimano 8 1/2 foot trolling rod i use for cats. works great for me.

9. Dizzy

Dizzy New Member

State:
    kings,mtn N.C.
    My best rod in my arsenel is the Pinnacle surf caster heavy but i also have BP catmaxx rods also that do a excellant job also :cool:

10. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    CatMaxx by BP in the 10 or 11ft. lengths. Great rods for the money and will give many years of service. They are E-glass and somewhat heavy, but the backbone to haul in the BIG ones.

HOPPY4

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I love my 7' Quantum's (heavy) with my 6500 0n one and 6000 on the other.

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like my Quantum Big Cats just was well if not better than I did my St Croix Classic Cats. I would still like to find another Classic Cat, but for a big sturdy dependable rod, you can not beat a big cat rod.

13. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :) Gotta be my Fenwick 14ft with my abu 7700 can land a volkswagon beetle with it!

14. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I really like my Quantum Big Cat rods too. But I've found that the Berkely Glow Sticks are very good too. Nice fishing rod that also glows in the dark for hours.

15. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I really like the St.Croix 8' musky rods. They are really sweet. Since they cancelled the St.croix cats rods, this rod is a cross between a cat rod and musky rod. I've brought in big cats with it without much problem. Pete manis musky rods are also nice, thier designed for big fish.

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    My ugly sticks are my favorite, I broke Two rods in one day while drift fishing, got the uglies out and did not break any more. :eek: :eek:

17. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I have 2 ,7' Med/Heavy Ugly Stik Tiger baitcasting rods that are my favorite

18. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    St. croix classic cat rods are My personal fav, its such a shame they have been discontinued......I need another high quality rod

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Just for laughs lets expand a little bit.WHAT material is your favorite cat rod(s) made of? I'll bet there aren't many Graphites out there.

20. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    i have a flueger combo and i realy like it