Whats your favorite catfishing rig?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Rajun_Cajun, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well i was just seeing what my fellow catfishing brothers favorite rig to use everytime they go down to their local fishing hole. :004:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My personal favorite is a carolina rig with a egg or no roll sinker and a 18 inch or longer leader.

Zakk

3. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i use a slip sinker rig most often. hook (j or circle depending on my mood) 8 inch leader. barrel swivel, bead and a barrel sinker if the current is right

4. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I agree with Zakk, except my leader is between 12 & 18".

5. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I kinda of use the carolina rig. I use 2- 2way swivels and tie my weight leader (approx 20lb test) to the first swivel that slides perpendicular to my main line and then tie the other swivel to my main line (100lb PowerPro) and then tie about a 12-18in leader (60lb mono) with a Gamakatsu hook. I do put a bead between the two swivels to keep it from wearing on my knot.

6. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    quantum bigcat and abu 7000 or penn 220gto with no roll slip rig. size of weight depends on current. right now we have no current in theriver so i been usin 2 oz. no roll with gamakatsu octopus circles. works like a champ.

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    my favorrite is a ballon rig.use a 5foot log 6inch diameter bollon for a corrk and drift shad heads underneath it belowthe dam. i tie a glow stick on the end opp.where the line is attached.i call it extreme corrk fishin.get just the right amount of air and they work like an automatic hook set. the ballon lays flat on the water till you get a fish. when you get a fish the ballon stands up on end and wiggles like a belly dancer.caught flatheads to 55 pounds and have yet to see one that could pull a baloon under.edit"unless the ballon breaks".

8. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I use a simple three way rig with a 18 inch dropper, no swivels. Vern

9. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I use a carolina rig with 30-40 lb big game, a 4-5 oz no roll with a bead, 2/0 swivel, 80# gorilla braid leader about 12-18", 7/0-10/0 gamakatsu octopus, awesome rig.

10. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    For the Flatheads:

1) The Paternoster http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1777 for cut bait with a 3-4 ft break-away sinker line. When they take the bait and come towards you you will not be fooled ;) !!!!!!

2) For live bait a 3-way with a like break-away sinker. I can't use the Patenoster for this due to a knot I use above the rigs. That knot is used to join Firewire"Steath" to the mono below, which is needed foe abrasion resistance. If I use the Paternoster the bait swims up past the knot and tangles up.

11. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I usually use a egg sinker on the river we usually fish, but anything with a extrememly powerful current (Missouri River) I go with pyramid sinker.

Tend to use Octopus and J hooks. Tried circle hooks, but had a hard time telling myself not to set the hook like I'm use to.

SudDawg

12. larkin

larkin New Member

State:
    Almo Ky
    My favorite is a a circle hook about 4 feet under a bobber, that is about it.