What's your favorite camp meal?

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by boswifedeb, Mar 27, 2008.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    What is that one meal that you always have when camping? That you just don't camp without?
    We always have our big breakfast. Sausage, scrambled eggs with peppers and onions and toast.:roll_eyes:
    Deb

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Big old pot of ham and beans. Yum Yum:roll_eyes:

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    For breakfast its sausage and eggs mixed together rolled in a tortilla.Supper its chilli or BBQ. Man I cant wait to camp and cook. It tastes so much better when its cooked outside.

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I'm not a real enthusiastic camp cook, so I keep it simple: meat, usually pig, on the grill over the fire, and a coffee can full of boiled red potatoes, also over the fire. And Shiner Bock. :)

I love this, because it's the only time I quit watching my cholesterol, and enjoy myself.

5. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Either candian goose breast skewered with green pepper and onion or some good deer back straps on the grill with cut potato's with skins,butter, onions and seasoning wrapped in foil on the grill.

My mouths beginning to water :smile2:

6. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Left over steak from the night before We combine fried tators onions cut up steak and eggs all ixed together.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Had rib eyes and salad last night. Gonna be a chili night tonight.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Guees I should of said I been cookin outside. LOL

9. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    We usually have a big breakfast with eggs fried potatoes, bacon sausage toast with a cold beer, and then when start thinking about lunch.

10. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I like sausage on the grill with fried taters with onions and a pot of beans

11. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    hot dogs and hambugers but we livein them up with our favorite spices and good cheese

12. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    We've got some real gourmets on here!! One of our favorite things is deer fajitas!!! UMMMMMM!!:wink:
    Deb

13. handyronokc

handyronokc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma ( Central )
    I can buy pre cooked and sliced brisket at wally world ,,,,, re heated over camp fire or gas grill is my favorite,,,, it is even good for cold sandwiches.

14. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Breakfast is eggs and bacon, Dinner is a sandwich, And supper is Red or Great northern Beans a big pot simmering all the time with fryed taters and dear meat.

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Potatoes, peppers, onion, bacon, sausage, ham, all cooked together and mixed with egg, salt, pepper and hot sauce. OH YAH! :tounge_out:

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    gotta take them marinated deer steaks with ya...rollo

17. Randy

Randy New Member

State:
    Trinity,Texas
    Chily/Beans, 1 large can Ranch Style Beans, 2lbs Hamburger Meat, Chily Powder to taste. Served with Fried Taters and sweet cornbread. It's easy and pretty good.

18. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Fry up a bunch of bacon and set it aside. Take some of the bacon grease and in a second pan make a batch of skillet bread. While thats cooking scramble eggs,red and green peppers, diced onions and potatos together. serve it all up with hot sauce on the side....

19. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    and over easy on the eggs so everything gets covered with yoke :big_smile: :cool2:

20. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I like to make a big breakfast in a Dutch Oven. A dozen eggs, 1 pound of hamburger, diced onions, mushrooms, green pepper and seasoning. Sometimes add otherthings like some diced spicy sausage, bacon or whatever is on hand. Hard to beat.