Whats your favorite bullet type

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by 223reload, Dec 22, 2008.

Favorit bullet type?

1. copper jacket,softpoint

2. moly coated ballistic tip{combined Technology}

3. hollow point

4. copper jacket ballistic tip

5. solid copper{Barnes}

6. other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Copper jacket softpoint

Moly coated super bullet ballistic tip{ IE combined Technology}

Hollow point

Ballistic tip copper jacket

Solid copper[Barnes]

Other

I should add For general hunting purpose. Myself I wont use any of the new moly coated bullets,Pure copper jackets here in softpoint,or hollow pointThis is multiple chioce .

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Of course all depends what your shootin at....:wink: Overall mine is copper jacketed soft point.

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I have shot soft point for the most part as long as I have been hunting. When I can find it without having to order I buy Winchester ammo with Silver Tip bullets.If I am ordering reloading supplies I look for the silver tip Win or Hornady SPBT.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    For deer ,I use softpoints,For varmints I cant get away from my standby Serr HP.I'll get around with the thank you's later ,I'm all out at the moment:big_smile:

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't reload...yet, so I buy off the shelf. I use 150 gr. Super-X Power Point. Jacketed soft tip. I will use it until I find a problem with it. I'll have to experiment when I start reloading...I don't know. The last deer that I shot with a hollow point was with a .220 Swift. Very ugly kill. Deer didn't go anywhere, but very ugly indeed. That's all I could find in a heavy enough bullet at the time.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Black Mollies. :big_smile:

Ken, I was a Federal premium man until I shot my first box of of the 168 grain silver tip baliistic tip premium Winchesters. I fell in love.

7. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Winchester ballistic silver tip and pointed soft point corelock

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    In the 7 mag I shoot 150 grain core-lokt, the deadliest mushroom in the woods :smile2:. I do way more shooting with the 22 magnum and love those hollow points. I call the 7 mag, Big sister Seven:smile2:.

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I found some to reload with a few years back. Not sure if they still make them or not with all the hi-tech stuff they have come out with in the last few years. I was doing inventory on my supplies a few days ago and going to see if they do. Supply is getting low.

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    For Years I've shot Nosler Partition, copper clad lead core w/ the partiton..And,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Was Very Happy, Content, Successful...Yes ,,, Amen

Recently, Due to "Encouragement" from the AZ Game and Fish Dept?????, in some areas I hunt deer and Elk, They have requested hunters use All Copper Bullets, or NON-Lead Bullets due to the Re-introducement???? of the California Condor..... Ain't that Special.:confused2:

I obtained and loaded some Barnes X 160's in my Trusty 7mm RM, and thoroughly killed a mule deer Buck this year.. No problems..:big_smile: I Love Exit Wounds...:big_smile:

The condors have a tendancy to eat the gut piles, of animals shot w/ lead core bullets, have microscopic lead particles all through their bodies, including the "Guts" and the Artificially re-introduced Kalifornia Kondors soon become ill and succumb to Lead poisoning.. yea, unto complete and terminal DEATH.......There was much teeth gnashing, and weeping, from the ,,,,:angry:
    So, AS I really appreciate my PRIVELEDGE to hunt,,, I bowed my head and complied to there request,,,,AS, I don't want my name attached to the ultimate demise ,,,yet, again, in this area, of the Dumb A%*, Kalifornicated Kondumb-or.

so, My Favorite Projectile,,,,Depends on where I hunt!!!

11. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    .54 ROUND BALL WIV A GREASED PILLOW TICK PATCH :big_smile::cool2:

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I started off with soft points but when I started reloading I tried Nosler Ballistic Tips, 150grains. With the soft points it was a 50/50 shot at going thru, ballistic tips have always gone thru. Better accuracy too but those are the only ones ive tried and Im happy with the BT's.

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I been shooting boat tail spitzer from Hornady in my 270 for years. I like 140 gr.

14. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    My friend shot a mule deer with a 160 grain Barnes 7mm bullet. The bullet mushroomed perfectly and weighed 160 grains after recovery. That is hard to beat. Catfishjon

15. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    in my 50 caliper i use 385 grain hollow point

16. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i use sierra pro hunters, 165 grain .30-06. they will flat knock the crap out of anything. that's in the rifle. for the sks, hollowpoints do well and hit real hard. in the pistols, i have had real good sucess with heavy hollowpoints, and i want to try lswc out of the .44 mag. it's hard for me since i don't reload, so i have to find someone that loads the bullets i want. federal classic is what i shoot right now.

17. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I shoot a 7mm Mag. I hunt mostly whitetails around here and it seems that the ballistic tips seems to perform the best on whitetails.

But when I was using my 30-30 soft tips seemed to work the best.

18. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I live in a predominately slug gun only state as far as deer are concerned, and I have tried alot of factory ammo to find what suits my needs best, shooting sabots from my Mossberg 935 magnum w/24" full rifled slug barrel and 1.5-5x32 shotgun scope. The best I have come up with are the Federal VitalShocks with the nylon tipped Barnes Expander copper sabots in 3". I can achieve 1" groups at 100 yds. and 4" groups at 175 yds. off a bench. Most of my kill shots are in the 50 to 100 yard range. I have never been disappointed with the accuracy or downrange knockdown of the Federal/Barnes sabots. These are some great slugs.

19. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    4" groups at almost 200yds:crazy: That is impressive with a slug gun.

20. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats 175 yds off a bag on a bench, not swaying in a tree stand, lol. It's not that difficult with a good round when you get the bullet drop figured out. Federal claims 4" at 200 yds, but I cant keep em that close at 200, more like 8". Heck even at 175, cranked up to 5x, its a stretch on my scope with a 32mm objective.