Whats your fav spinning reel??

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by KingCatBrad, Nov 16, 2007.

1. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    I don't use spinning reels but my girl friend does and since she ALWAYS goes with me I want to get her a good one for Christmas. Money is no object if it is worth the price. Heck I have 2 Daiwa TD Zillion Casting Reels that were around $300 when I bought them.

Thanks for any info.

Admin if this is in the wrong spot then move it. I just thought that more bass fishermen and women would see it if I put it here.....

2. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    get her a mitchell 300 and a ugly stik rod to go with, she ll be happy happy:big_smile: :cool2:

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    you can't go wrong with a shimano stradic. i have one, and i will soon have another. i also have a stella, but i can't see the price difference. the stradic is an excellent reel. bass pro has them for 99 bucks.

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Well my favorite spinning reel was a toss up between my Shimano Sonara 4000 and my Shimano Sahara 8000. I have been to battle with both of these guys and probably caught over a hundred fish with both. I had more memories with the Sonora 4000 though. My Sahara finally bite the dust though may she rest in fishing heaven.... Then new 2008 Stradics have improved gearing as Shimano overhauled their top tier line up. You may want to take a look at those they have them in all size from crappie fishing to medium duty Saltwater fishing... They current running in the $150-$175.00 range you can currently find last years model on sale for about $100-120 though its still a fine reel......

5. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Penn 9500 SS Is my favorite for Flatheadin.

6. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    Just so we are in the same mind set I am looking for a spinning reel for large mouth bass, nothing to bulky so her arm wont give out throwing it all day.

Has any one used the Quantum Energy PTi or seen the new 2008 Quantum Tour Edition PTi?

7. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    DOH!!!! I wasn't paying attention enough to see what forum i was on. :tounge_out:

8. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    No Prob. and when we go fishing for catfish she uses Abu Garcia 6600 and 7000's that I through out there for her.

She just can't keep from back lashing. Plus she just like to use the spinning reel because it is allot more forgiving if she lets go to early or late. Never a dull minute for me..LMAO:wink:

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Brandon you can't and won't go wrong if you buy ANY shimano reel,They are great reel's.

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I'd say get a "new girl friend".....LOL... no just kidding..... the Shimano with the bait runner is a great reel....... As long as you want to "keep her"... go to a local park or an open area or on the water and get her thumb educated for casting a bait caster....... That may be hard to do..... but get the Shimano, and still have here practice throwing to a target....with cattin... your not throwing like with bass fishing, but practice is good at learning to throw out in the dark......

bayrunner ray

11. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho

Ya I take her in the back yard and have her use one of those plastic casting plugs. I even tried to crank the cast control all the way down. then I would back if off slowly. All that does is make her mad that she can't throw it as far as she can with the spinning reel.

Well at least she is tring to learn though because all my other ex's would say they wanted to go fishing but when I took them all they did way lay a blanket down and tan.....LMAO

12. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You might want to check out a Shimano Baitrunner 3500 for her casting or 4500 for catfishing. Works great with Power Pro line.

13. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Don't like spinning reels especially for catt'n but a Mitchell 300 is hard to beat for general fishing.

14. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have bought two reels recently that I LOOOOVVVVEEEE one was a pflueger president (only 50 bucks but soo smooth much better then my sahara and the stradic my dad has) And a browning midas that was on sale for 60 bucks, both of these reels perform far better then some of the much more expensive reels I have used in the past.

15. TexDan

TexDan New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use Mitchel and Shimano reels and never have had one fail me. I am also partial to a top line Pfluger Presidential that I bought years ago. It is a fairly large reel and is my go to for bass when i need to skip a bait under a dock or am throwing light crank baits in the wind. (Backlash city for me with a baitcaster!) There may be BETTER reels than the Shimanos and Mitchels in the 50 dollar area but they are NOT 50 bucks!! I get YEARS of service out of my reels so see no advantage in paying a hundred bucks or more so I can pass it down to my kids.

16. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Shimano 6500 Baitrunner

17. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have 3. Okuma EB80, Okuma AZ90, Shimano 650 baitrunner

18. TexDan

TexDan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Aren't those baitrunners just the greatest thing since sliced bread???

19. rgmatt

rgmatt New Member

State:
    Delaware River,Pa
    I'm gonna have to go w/ the Daiwa Sol. I'm not much of a spinning guy but this reel is pretty sweet (once you get used to the color). Smooth drag, no wobble while reeling and light weight.

20. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have to go with the Mitchel 300 too.I dont think you can find a better reel for the price. smokey