What's your dream Gun?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LarryS, Jul 23, 2006.

1. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    Been looking at a 50 Cal Rifle that i want and it got me thinking, What Gun do you dream about owning?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Mine is a 25-06 a smooth shooting rifle with enough velocity and power but little kick.

3. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Some may find this strange but, since I mostly hunt upland birds, and we have to use shotguns here to hunt deer, I would have to say another Browning Gold. I know there are alot of fancier, and higher priced guns I should wish for, but I use them alot and wouldnt want to beat up on a collector or anything. Just MHO

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    For me a Smith and Wesson VXR 460.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    The one that saves my life and not takes it.

I have a few and I had a CWL for 10 years till a couple months ago. I havent renewed yet. Got a year too do it. might , might not renew.
    What I use is a slim line 40 Cal S.Auto browning. Good one to have. I dont need anything else. All my guns or in a fire proof gun safe, locked down, except for the 40 cal.

6. suddawg

suddawg New Member

All the services use that rifle in one form or another. I got to shoot it once during an Air Force EOD demonstration. They use it to hit possible suspicious packages, IEDs, etc. from long range. It's a heavy mofo let me tell you. But the recoil isn't that bad.

SudDawg

7. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Couldn't agree more. Been hunting with a 25-06 for 7 years now and wouldn't trade it for anything. A very accurate round with plenty kick for deer. We don't have anythng bigger than deer here in Alabama and I don't like to destroy my game with the larger rounds.

8. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Ruger #1, in 25-06, with a Burris 3 X 10 scope, had one of these once and traded it off, wanted it back ever since.

9. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I pretty much already have all the guns that I desire, but if I could just get the rest ot the barrels that I don't have for my contender and an encore, I think I would be complete. I would have to sneak any more into the house for fear of my life, I already have way to many and the old storie that its an "investment" just don't work anymore.

10. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The one thing I have wanted to add to the safe for many many years is a Streetsweeper.:beauty:

11. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    id have another 1903 springfield if i could afford it. had one few years back that got stolen

12. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
  13. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    For me a Marlin 1895 cowboy in 45/70 got one at Cabelas last year and love it.

Hey Duxrus I thing the streetsweeper was completely outlawed I believe you can't even get one with class 3 papers to bad it can fullfil its name.

14. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Oh, I know. :cry: But for the right money...........The problem is just that.

15. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I would love to have a Army issue model 1911 colt 45 Automatic in factory condition, I also would mind having a model 1873 winchester lever action in 44......I think they called um one in a thousand ..I think they made a movie about them also..

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Larry I was thinking the same thing a .50 rifle (Barret) but alas that is about 5 Grand, I have had my dream guns and sold them.
    .44 Desert Eagle - Big Heavy but a great gun
    .44 Ruger Redhawk - Again Big but Loved it (reloaded my own 44's for it )
    .357 Ruger not sure of the model it was an older one tho
    .38 special Ruger SP 101 - Still have this on its a 2" snubby I love it.
    7mm Rem Mag - Awsome Gun I could group fairly well at about 200yds
    .41 S&W Snubby - great gun with alot of kick.

17. Supafox

Supafox New Member

State:
    Hannibal MO
    I would love to have a Ruger 77/17 Mach 2 rifle.Coons, Fox, Rabbits, Ground hog, and squirrel watch out.

18. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I would go with the 458 SOCCOM "Monster Sledgehammer"
    "The Tromix Monster Sledgehammer is NOW AVAILABLE!. The Monster fires a .458 SOCOM round, designed by Marty ter Weeme of Texas. It will launch 300grain bullets at over 2100 fps, [ 500grain bullets over 1350 fps] all from your standard AR-15 lower receiver. This powerhouse puts out nearly 3,000 foot pounds of energy, about the same as a 30'06, but employs a .458" diameter bullet to boot." From Tromix "Lead delivery sytems"!

19. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    10/22 rifle rugter and or 30.06 rem. :)