What's Your Dream Fishing Trip?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathead willie, May 28, 2006.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ever since reading an article in Field & stream years ago about Halibut fishing, for 300#-400# fish, I've always wanted to go try it.
    The article started out something like this.
    To imagine what Halibut fishing is like, take your favorite rod & reel up on the roof, along with your refrigerator! Tie the line to the refrigerator and kick it off the roof. That's what Halibut fishing is like!
    What is your dream fishing trip and why?

2. Biker RN

Biker RN New Member

State:
    southern middle TN
    I could list dozens but the one trip I really wish for is very simple.

I would like to be 8 years old again and go fishing with my dad and mom one more time. Cane pole, 10 feet of dacron line and a simple cork bobber. A rusted #6 hook and a soup can of dug worms. We caught stringers full of blue gills and bullheads. Once home I would do the scaling and dad would do the cleaning. Mom would pan fry them up and fix a big pan of fried potatos and sliced tomatoes from the garden.

My dad and mom have been gone for 23 years, I miss my fishing buddies.To me that would be the best fishing trip I could ever ask for.

Richard

3. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I would like to go to the River and catch a 30 or 40#er catfish.That would be awesome.
    :0a32:

4. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    My dream fishing trip would be on the Amazon river to catch some of those monster cats as well as those MONSTER "perch". While I am there, I would also take the opportunity to fullfill my life long dream of catching a giant yellow andeconda.

I have wanted to go there since I was a child and really do dream about it at night. It's a dream that causes my heartrate to go up because my desire for it is so great.

I pray the good Lord allows me that opportunity before I leave this earth.

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Mine would have to be like Biker rn's trip but fast forward it to 2002 and it would of been to make that last fishing trip with my dad before he passed away.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    If I could just get up right now and go fishing,many of my dreams would have come true.I would not have to catch a thing.Your dreams get much simpler as your quality of life changes.That is why I try to tell every one.You have had a wonderful trip if you did;t get a nibble,the big one got away or you didn;t catch a thing.You never realize how wonderful those trips were till you have none.peewee-williams

7. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I know where I would go, there is a place in Ky. called Kenlake I hear in september they are having a big National Gathering for some group called the BOC. It's suppose to be a big todo, I hear their mabe a 1000 people there, they will be having a big time for 3 whole days and nights. They will be fishing, eating, camping, fellowship, just a really good time with friends from all over the USA. Man now that would be my dream trip.......OH WAITE! It's not a dream I'm really going and you can to, all you have to do is SIGN UP.

8. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Oh John, just hit them with your plastic singing bass! They won't bother you after that. TRUST ME!

9. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    my dream trip is anywhere i can back my pick up camper to within 15 ft. of the water. sit there with camp fire and poles and catch nices cats.:big_smile: :cool2:

10. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    That would do it for me too. I would also like to fish Santee Cooper and a sand bar on any number of rivers while camping out.

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mine would be. Go to lake just one time and see no trash.

Acually I would love to go to some remote area in the mountians with forest, cool air and lake full of fish. I got the pic in my mind that I've seen pictures of. Spend an entire year or lifetime in a spot like that. I've never been a people's person. . LOL.

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Hey,it is easy to tell if you have man eating bears around.Just keep a eye out for their scat.If you see watches,rings gold fillings or titanium rods and pins mixed in,be EXTREMELY careful.peewee-williams

13. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    every trip i take is a dream trip, at work i dream about going all the time, and when i do get to go, i try to make the best of it and most of all thank tha good Lord for it ..........steve

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I'm offering my services as the cook for Willie's Westbound Wagon Train. Then I'll definitely be there to EAT some halibut! (I know they're huge fish, but they taste so good you'd have to fillet at least one!):smile2:

15. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  16. Angelcat

Angelcat New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    My dream is already happened, just going fishing with the one you love, and out fish him, lol

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    It really don't matter where,I'd just like to go fishing with some of my BOC brothers.

18. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    South America, Amazon and Orinoco basin to fish for many of the species in those rivers, red-tailed cats, peacock bass, tiger cats. And to meet some of the indigenous tribes would be really cool too.

Aaron

TA2D

19. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Well, that national gathering of the BOC sounds like a real good start, but to make it a "dream trip" I'd have to stay an extra few weeks camping right at the edge of the water and catch a number of 50+ pound cats, 8+ pound bass, and what ever other BIG fish are out there to be caught.

Wish to God that I could afford to fly my family out there and go to that gathering... :sad2:

20. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Anywhere I have line in the water, a full stringer, and my son talking to me, all while I am supposed to be at work!!!:still_dreaming: