Whats Your Count On Flathead catfish this year?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by FlatGetter, Jul 27, 2006.

1. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Last Year by this time I had 19 Flatheads.I didnt catch any after mid July. Biggest being only 21#. This year I've only caught 8 Flatheads, 2 being the 30# mark. I aint tried near as hard this year as I did last. I lost one (got up to the bank and hook come out) that would have been 40# or better scence then aint felt to much up to it. But whats your count and biggest of this year?

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Ive caught about 20 flatheads this year so far ranging from 3 to 18 pounds.

3. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    As of today, 32 flatheads, 6 channels. Biggest flattie so far is 38.5 lbs. July has not been a good month for me!! Things have been pretty slow.

4. DTro

DTro Active Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I'm at 15 so far and yes....very slow July. Most of my fish came in June. The biggest so far is a 39.5.

5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm up to 19 - fishing roughly once a month since April. (All released, of course.)
    Best is the 28.5 I got last weekend.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Gee whiz fellas,make me feel bad.I've caught 1 flattie this year(13.5lbs),4-5 blues and 11-12 channels.I would be a little higher but my back has stopped me from fishing very much.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Let me see if I can count that high, hold on, 3+3+6+1+3=17 in my sleep, 0 in real life. LMAO Rough year so far.

8. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I think I have caught about 15 to 20 so far this year

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    2006 is my best year

I've gotten 20

considering in 2005 i got 1

10. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    40 flattys 9 channels Biggest flat was 29# biggest channel 13#

11. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Over 30 flatheads? Biggest being 43lbs. 1 11lb Channel I dont ever specifically target channels I just occasionally get a nice channel using bullheads while fishing for flats.

12. swampthang_matt

swampthang_matt New Member

State:
    georgia
    i haven't calt any catfish this year its been to hot:0a22:

13. catfishslayer05

catfishslayer05 New Member

I think i've caught about 20 or so but the biggest one I know was 51'3oz....

14. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    We mainly fish for channel, but we have caught 7 or 8 flats the last couple weeks.

They have all be right around 5 pounds and 22 inches, all but two, they were about the same weight, but about an inch shy of keeping size.

My daughter caught both of them and she was disappointed when she couldn't keep them.

Ken

15. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    guys dont take this the wrong way but, ive caught well over 50 this year but, I fish non stop my best night was in April when I found a new honey hole and pulled in around 15 flats by myself in four hours have never seen any thing like that before ill have to post that pic the whole back of my truck is flatheads with a few of them bein over 14 pounds. my personal best this year is a 41 pounder and I just caught this bass that was 8.6 pounds 23 inches long with a girth of 17 1/2 inches. ive did better bass fishin this year then catfishing. But that honey that i caught all the cats in April in has filled up with gook and I have to wait for a big rain that will never get because this is arizona but its the best flathead hole ive ever seen

16. mattoonboy4

mattoonboy4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thanks a lot jason for makin me follow u! j/j anyway, i wanna see that pic of your truck bed.
    i have a total of 8 flatties this year the biggest bein 42 and i bet i've caught over a hundred channel the biggest bein 16, but i fish for 'em, its not like i catch em tryin for flatties.

17. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Probally close to 50 flatheads and 20 channels biggest flatty 32 pounds biggest channel 17.5 pounds.

18. DTro

DTro Active Member

State:
    Minnesota

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you keep taking pickup loads of cats out of the there, you won't be having days like that much longer. Perhaps you could "get by" on leaving a few for seed.

19. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I've only caught around 10 this year so far. The biggest only around 15lb

20. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Jason,
    You eat all those cats you catch?