Whats your catfishing goals for next year.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Nov 6, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Winter is almost here, and those warm days on the water are over for another year.

Do you have any personal fishing goals for next year?

I dream about flathead fishing all winter, so by the time spring hits I have plenty of goals in my head:big_smile:

First is to fish more, with family and work this is hard for alot of us.

2nd would be to explore a few new fishing spots, getting skunked at the same spot many times gets old.

3rd would be to catch a 60-lb flathead:smile2:

4th would be to catch more fish in general, thus the need to find new spots.

I pray that my health allows me to enjoy many days on the river next year.

I will have many more goals by the end of february.

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    well Jack my goals are to top the 40 pound mark or catch the state record flathead. i have had fish of these sizes on the last two years but have not sealed the deal. next would be to find a steady partner to go fishing with. my buddy did not go out alot this year and i spent the majority of my time out by myself. not that i mind but it is nice to have someone to talk to and help get bait. next would be to fish with some more BOC members. i fished with three this year and had a ball, hope to fish with them again and maybe a few more in the coming year. next would be to try to introduce some people to flathead fishing who have never done it before. next would be would be to find a few new spots to try out from the bank and new spots to try for bait. then i think i may try to learn how to use a baitcaster as i would really like to learn how. well thats all for now but i am sure i will think of some more things later.

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i am looking forward to just catching fish.i would like to tie into some in the thirty range mark at least,maybe a forty even :roll_eyes:

same as bw69r,i need to find some more people to go with.my fishing partner has been too busy to fish with,and don't know what will become of next year.there are a lot of people in here i would like to wet a line with,have done it with a couple of ya,even met some at the get together.but i have the utmost respect for most everyone here,lot of good people that i think i could hold a good conversation with and have good friendships

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Jack, its funny that you should ask!!! As most of you know, my fishing this year has been very limited due to deployment to Iraq. With this in mind, I will let everyone know that my "next" year will begin in Dec. I will have plenty of variety in my fishing as I will be initially living in TN, where I can fish the cumberland river and then moving on to GA where the Chatahoochee river will be my primary fishing hole. So goals would be:

1. Fish at least 1 day per week.

2. I would like to catch 30 pound blue and 30 pound flathead

3. Get my wife BACK in the boat (been tough the last 2 years with child)

4. Win 1 catfish tournament at any level

5. Relax and have fun

All of these goals are within reach and hopefully I will be able to acheive them all. Good luck to everyone

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Go as often as I can. Get in the boat whats on the line. Widen my search on the river to cover more teritory. Upgrade boat big time so I can take more folks out.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Get out more
    Get out with Jack
    Get out with Jason
    Get out with Skip (S-Man)
    Get out with Shawn (loanwizard) if he is able to get out.
    Catch something
    Catch something
    and Catch something
    Get out with the Wife and Kids

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    My goalevery year toto just get and beat my old PB.

Very simple and humble.

8. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    my goals are to get out a little more, breaking my pb flat and channel , and meeting and fishing with some more boc brothers or sisters, i have enjoyed all the time i have spent with all that i have met on here, hopefully i can get a few free weekends to get down to the muskingum river to fish with rollo and lucky wade, and to do a little better in some tournaments next year

9. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    My goals for next year are to get a new PB (#44lb 8 oz) and to fish with some new Boc members. I got to fish with about 8 members this year.

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well luckily my PB is only 10lbs for a Channel and 7.5 for a Flattie LOL so if I catch anything bigger Im happy :eek:oooh:

We need to have a gathering where we can all get together and fish together instead of splitting up. I think that it would be a blast if we could do that.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You need to come back down this way. I know a lot more spots to fish that are a lot better.:wink: The fish just haven't cooperated this year. Get a 1 day KY license and I'll take you to some good areas on the Big Sandy.:wink::cool2:

BTW,
    My goal is to be healthy enough to get out and fish more next year. I'll be happy with that even If I don't catch any big ones.:wink:

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ill be down that way again John but this time we are fishing the Ohio:wink:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You got that right! I don't fish lakes anymore. Rivers all the way for me!!!:wink:
    We've scouted a lot and found a lot of places to fish the Ohio. I'd like to take you to a couple spots on the Big Sandy. Need a KY license though. It'd be worth it, really nice spots!:wink::cool2:

14. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    2008 certainly was one of my worst years of fishing. Simply by not getting out as much and boat was broke down most of the year. Biggest fish this year is only a 15 lb flathead so far. My goals for next year are:

1) Get out and fish more often.
    2) Enter in the Cabelas King Kat tourny at Henderson,Ky.
    3) Looking to top my PB Flathead, Blue and Channel catfish.
    4) Attend at least 3 gatherings or more.
    5) Attend the BOC catfish expo in Paducah.

15. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    My goals for next year is as follows!
    1. Do more flathead fishing.
    2. hit up some new spots some BOC members shared with me
    3. Break my PB on flats and channel. 32# flat and 18# channel
    4. Getting a small boat.
    5. Making to the sinker gathering with my family to meet some more BOC familys.
    6. Id also like to fish im a few tourneys this year!

16. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    My catfishing goals are:

Blue Cat.. To catch one in excess of 50lbs
    Channel Cat.. to break my PB of 18lbs on rod and reel.
    Flat head.... To catch one on a rod a reel. Have never caught a flat on rod and reel but have never targeted them when fishing with rod and reel.

17. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    first to get me a 35 lb flathead next year
    second get me a 15lb channels next year
    third get my first blue
    fourth get me a 30lb carp
    fifth catch more catch fish rick

18. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Get a boat...

Catch a 50# flatcat

Get my Girlfriend to bait her own hook:big_smile:

19. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    beat my pb of 50.7lb flat with my mafia friends present. fish more with my mafia friends. find more places to fish take my friends to a few places in wv to fish oh damm just fish fish fish fish fish fish:big_smile:

20. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    My main goal would be to find some good drifting spots on my home lake. Last year was great as far as meeting new brothers and fishing new spots. I was fortunate enough to make it to the annual cumberland fish 'n camp, the georgia gathering, pee dee fish n camp, and the oconee mini gathering. Nothing beats being able to fish with new friends on different water. Although, I was really upset with myself for not planning well enough to attend the S. Carolina gathering....and I caught a lot of hell for it too, lol. Next year I'm gonna make sure I am able to make it down that way to make up for last year.