What's Your Boats Name?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Ghost River, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Goodmorning, Just for the sake of conversation have any of you named your boats? My brother and I used to have a Ranger we called the Katmaster ( which in hindsite I guess wasn't all that original). The boat I'm in now is primarily set up for duck hunting the rivers. It's a 1963 14' Feathercraft. It's camoed out, has headlights and a deck across the front bench seats. It houses the fuel tank and battery and makes good starage for decoys. It also makes a good platform for my retriever. I've got a 2005 25 Mercury tiller handle strapped to the back and buddy this little boat will go down the river at 5 in the morning. Scares me sometimes. I call it The Foglifter. Any of the rest of you name your rigs yet?

2. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    1648 Alumacraft NCS with a 25HP Honda outboard or a 13 HP Scavenger longtail mudmotor depending on conditions. It has a a number of added options that make it mine. We installed a diamond tread aluminum deck. Painted all the deck surfaces with epoxy floor paint mixed with sand. Installed two big bilge pumps. Installed running lights and light ropes under both side rails. Installed pedestal seats, road holders and rod racks but one of my favs is the 30 gallon KeepAlive shad tank that glows in the dark for easy bait catching in the dark.

We call it the CATDADDY. Not very original but it describes her well.

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I call my old Ranger "please start" Thats what I tell it every time I put it in the water.
    Bill

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I had an older jon-boat with a 64' 40 hp Johnson at one time. I called "A Piece Of Ship"

You'd be surprised how many people would mispronounce the name:lol:

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    My Wife dubbed My 2070 lowe CC "The Green Monster"

6. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    My 24' SeaArk with a 140hp 4 stroke Suzuki on it and my 17' Invader Reef Runner with a 90hp Johnson on it, I refer to by the name on the side but my 26' Carver with a 260hp I/O came from the factory with the name Shalimar in large letters across the stern and on the back of the deck chairs that came with it but they're all set up for catfishing.

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    18ft. Lund Alaskan,30hp.Merc.Tiller.It's Name is, USS. CARP,Home Port Co.Bluffs,Iowa. Thatsa My Boat. J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

8. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Found a website that lists hundreds of boat names. The one I found that will be put on my boat once it comes out of shrink wrap will be.....

Fishfull Thinking

9. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Crossin' Eyes, had special decals made that I drew up the design for. I will hae pics soon.

10. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    The name my 24' Wellcraft sportfisher is listed under is Tomfoolery.

11. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    If you are a flat head man you could go with 'Head Hunter.

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Think I will christen the new one "Catfish Hunter".

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    HanaLou

It is a combination of the nicknames of my wife and daughter.

14. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    14' jon boat w/ 9.5 evinrude. th most basic of basic u can get. I havent named her yet, but am thinkin, HAFTA BE DIFFERENT AND ORIGINAL.

15. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
  16. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    My first two boats were called the "Chub Hunter" and "Chub Hunter II" but my latest boat which is bright blue, is aptly caled the "Smurf Boat"

Ill need to come up with a better name for the next boat once i sell Smurfie....

Salmonid

17. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    My boat was actually named before I joined the BOC, so I got my BOC name from my boat....RiverKing.

18. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    My 14 foot jon boat is named "The Whiskered Wonder"

Our 21 foot trophy is name "Reel Easy"

19. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I recently purchased a boat and rebuilt it. i've been thinking of a name for it since i started. and the name actually came to me today as i logged into this site. see the boat is one of the reasons i came back. i've been to a few gatherings in the past, and i loved it. the only thing that could make it better was if i had my own boat. well, i'm baaaaaack. and it's "STRICTLY BUSINESS"!! lol, i'm gonna have it plotted out and painted on the stern.

20. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I just read loanwizards reply. ha ha. that was my first choice.