What's your biggest paddlefish?

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Seth, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    My biggest is a 74 pounder caught of the James River arm of Tablerock Lake back in 2003. The fish is in my avatar.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    My largest was a 72# Spoonbill caught snagging below Ky. Dam a few years ago. A lot of:roll_eyes: :lol: big fish were running that day. When I went to have it weight in there was three others larger weighed in. I was happy but disappointed.

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I don't wanna talk about it. :embarassed:

4. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I know the feeling! My biggest is about 15 lbs. caught snaggin' below KY dam. I can never get there when the "big ones" are there.

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    That still beats me, my biggest is 13 lbs, but that's all gonna change at OKAM-1 :big_smile_2:

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    It alright guys, it took me a long time before I got a dandy. When I just fished the Osage river system for spooners, my biggest was maybe 20 pounds for a while.

The first time I went to the James River arm of Tablerock I landed a 54 pounder. My dad filmed me catching it too and I kept going "Oh god please don't let me lose this fish" lol. At the time, that was a monster compared to what I was used to catching.

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've found a pretty good way of landing these big fellas. If you are allowed to release, but can't use a gaf, this is a great way to land them. Just find an animal control officer (dog catcher) and talk him out of one of thier old dog poles.

It's a hollow aluminum pole with coated steel cable that has a spring loaded release. The hoop stays open and it will go around the tail easily. Remove the hook, hit the release, and they're off!

I brought one to the dam a few years ago and everyone up there nearly wore it out! Oh, yea, 56lbs was the biggest, but there's bigger out there somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I caught a 68 Lber. by accident below Kerr dam in Oklahoma. I was fishing a big slip cork for blues up in the generators with 2 hooks on dropper loops and somehow snagged him right in the snout. You talking about a load hooked like that in swift water I thought he was going to shatter my pole but I finally managed to get him into the back current and landed him:tounge_out: . I just wished he would have been a blue:roll_eyes: .

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    dont know for sure what my biggest was maybe 20#or less hard to find them this year of course iv only been out 4 times but each time i hit 4 different places , just havent been there when the fish are

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I pray that this year is the one for that coveted 100 pounder. :big_smile: The biggest anybody from our group has gotten was an 82 pounder since we started snagging on the James River.

11. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ummmmm.... 4 lbs:embarassed: lol

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Never caught but I am going to try this year wish me luck

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Are you coming to OKAM? It would be great to meet you!

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Largest I've caught weighed 102 pounds. Caught in 2000 If I remember right on the upper Osage river, Missouri. Pictures don't do it much justice but here are a couple.

Attached Files:

15. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Now thats a spooner!! When you say the upper Osage, are you talking the part off of Truman?

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Yes seth I fish Truman on the upper Osage. Give me a holler if your up this way this season. Heres a 82 pounder I caught in 2005.

Attached Files:

17. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I had a guy tell me about the snagging up there on the upper Osage and it sparked my interest to try it this year. It looks like it will be a pain in the butt driving all the way up there, but I heard its good bank snagging so I wouldn't mind going if I don't need to haul a boat.

I'll try to come up there this year and try it atleast once. When I do, I will get a hold of you on here and maybe you can give me a tour or a tip or two . :lol:

18. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    They have a snaggin club off the dock here in Warsaw at the Road House bar and they do real well there. Not sure how it will turn out this year though as the bar is for sale and presently closed. In the past years you could buy a membership for 50.00 a year or pay 5.00 a day to fish there.
    I don't bank fish but can take you along in the boat some time. Let me know and good luck to you this season.

19. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Sounds great! I appreciate the offer.

I'm ready and waiting. All I think about lately is snagging season coming up lol.

20. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Sure wish they were legal ta take here in Weezeeanna....I sure would like ta catch one of those monsters...funny there considered Endangered here, I see them quite a bit in the river...A Buddie and I call 'um fresh water marlin cause we always see'um jumpin clean outta the water....Huge fish too....