Whats your biggest flathead from ohio waters

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jan 14, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My 3 biggest flats are a 50-lb, and two 40-lbers...All 3 came from rivers, and two of them were on cut shad...Whats your biggest from Ohio?

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Flatheadhunter

Nice Fish guy! From what Robbie has said there are not many guys here with 50s here in Ohio.

My Ohio PB is @ 39#s caught in East Liverpool, OH on the big river. Caught on cut when the river was @ 18+ ft in slack water. It bit like a 6 inch Perch on steriods (LITE BITE) & was hook at the base of one whisker. I'd say it was a 50/50 chance on it being foul hooked:confused: . This is while tight lining and most here would not have even set the hook in my opinion. It was released to spawn again.

"Join in the pursuit"
    <><Baitkiller><>

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    caught one last this last season that was a hog. polecats digital scale said 64.11 but its only rated for 50#. no way to know what it wieghed for sure. we shouldnt have been that far down river either with our indiana licences. lol

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I guess my biggest is a baby! My PB is a 32 caught on a 9 inch live shad on 6lb line on my bait rod at Salt Fork. Gonna get a bigger one this spring.

5. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    :crying: i just started fishing for flatties this past august and ended up catching over 20 flatties from august to november from the Tusc River. my biggest one was a 15 lbs 1 oz fish and my wife had one that weighed 9 lbs 6 oz. i know those arent very big but those are our personal bests so far.:crying:

6. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Mine was a 42lber out of the ohio river.Have caught several in the thirtys also.The ohio river has some brutes in there you just have to spend time at it.Live shad or bluegills are all i use

7. Mr_Catfish

Mr_Catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My biggest is 40lbs but had one this past year on that would have past 50 easy. The hook came out of it's mouth right at the bank:sad: .I went to grab it,no net, and ended up landing on my behind:eek: . I will be back to this spot to catch him this year.:)

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    In the river it would be a 40lber and in a lake it would be a 24lber.

9. catfish_hunter01

catfish_hunter01 New Member

State:
    nonya
    My biggest Shovelhead was 30lbs on Trotline on Rod/Reel 22lbs
    Biggest Channel on Trotline was 12lbs and on Rod/Reel 10.5

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    pedro, if i remember rite from old forum we fish the same waters. that mite have been the same fish bro.! LOL

11. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

i had a good year at salt fork my first fish was 56lb then the next night i got a 50lb and a 36lb got 3 more fish in the 30lb range then my last fish of the year was 47lb.

12. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are some nice fish MRFLATHEAD!

My PB Flatties was only 37 lbs. caught in the Will's Creek

I had one on that would have tipped at least 40 on the Tusc, but tried to horse him when I got him to the bank and busted my line:rolleyes: I am such an amatuer:crying:

13. Mr_Catfish

Mr_Catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tim you never know could have been the same fish.Good luck to you this year maybe I'll run into you.

14. OhiosCatMazter

OhiosCatMazter New Member

I caught a 55lb. Flathead out of Lake Logan Last Spring, along with 30 Catfish weighing 20-45 lbs.

Nice to see you Flathunter, I hope to come down & fish the Goat Path with you this year. Now that Im single I can come anytime now.:p Talk to you soon.
    Cat Mazter

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ed,

We just found out some not-so good stuff out about the goat path. :sad: Whats the Hocking looking like this year? If the fishing is poor in the rivers this year, we'll be winning..... I mean entering ;) some of your tourneys @ Logan.

16. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    Hey , whats this about the goat path :confused: ...:confused: ...:confused: I see Jack forgot to add that it was DA KING !!! who showed him wher mr.50 pounder was laying....:p ... I finally got on the site fellows...;) ...THE CATKING !!!

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am so glad da king finally made it here, I bow down to the great king!

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ed Buddy, I see you made it also, welcome aboard!

19. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    OhiosCatMazter good to see you over here. I have sent you e-mails about logan wondered what happened to you.

20. OhiosCatMazter

OhiosCatMazter New Member

H20 Mellon- LMAO- I remember you sliding all the way down that hill, But where there is a good spot , You'll have guys like us doing anything to fish it.:) You know even though it is Private, I do beleive that they cant stop you from getting to the Bank of the River. I had a simmilar situation a few years ago, So I looked into it & Today Im still fishing that Spot.I was told by our State ODNR that I was allowed to walk across His property to fish the Public & Free River Banks.

Ill be holding Tounaments this year, But I wont be Fishing in them. I won 2 of my own last year & I think it would be better for the Fish to let them bring them in all nite long, instead of trying to keep them until weigh-in. Plus I like to fish the lake without the pressure, thru the week is when Ill be doing alot of my fishing. But Im still Catching Catfish Now:D Along with some Slab Crappie & a few Small Lg & Sm Bass.

BTW- How was your Deer Season ? :D

Cat Mazter