What's Your Biggest Catfishing Nemesis?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by The Catfish Stalker, May 3, 2008.

1. The Catfish Stalker

The Catfish Stalker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I went out to do some catfishing this afternoon and much to my dismay, my biggest nemesis was out if full force: the wind. We were dealing with 20-25 mph winds with gusts of 31 mph.

So, my question to anyone who reads this is, what is your worst nemesis? Wind, heat, humidity, cold, a nagging wife, etc.

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well 20-25 mph winds are an everyday thing here, and a good wind stirs up the baitfish! i'd have to say my biggest nemesis would be when i get in my uniform, feed the dogs, and it's such a nice day that my sick time is just begging to be used!

3. oklahoma caveman

oklahoma caveman New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    time is my biggest nemisis, as workin, bein full time college student, doesnt leave much time to get out. man i hate the real world

4. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    My biggest nemisis is my recliner. Every time I get my fat a$$ out of it and go fishing, I have a good time. Sometimes I even catch something.

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Mosquitos. defintley mosquitos. nothing can break your patience like those little buggers

6. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    THE COLD IS MINE I AM FROM CALIFORNIA SO LIVING IN KANSAS KICKS MY A** IN THE WINTER

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    lack of money at times is my main enemy rick

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    gas prices and state lisense fees on boat & trailer & fish/liscense and all the tax on gear.:angry: tax on the gas, tax on the beer. i thinks that sums it up:angry: and having to read a 30 page book on rules every year to avoid a $75 ticket. at least for now the book is free.

wont be long youll need to pay a fee for a tag for each rod. and tags for hooks and tags to use dead fish for bait. and it will cost $500 a month to fish. why dont they just drive us all to the dessart like we did to the natives.

seems like the rich polotitions are trying.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Speaking for all of the "Bank Fishermen out there" it's "The Weather (Wind & Rain)". :angry:

The Wind & The Rain can kill a fishing trip for us, I know that it do for me because "I Hate" fishing in a heavy Wind & the Rain bring "Mud", and Mud & Bank Fishing don't go good together.

I try to Brock The Rain out by saying to myself that "the rain bring more water for the Fish":0a14: - but that in not working to well anymore.
    :wink:LoL

Take it easy, :0a23:
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

10. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would have to say it would be gar!

11. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I would have to suggest the KCK AND KCMO miles and miles of river and not enough bank fishing oppurtunities.

12. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    The amount of time I can spend fishing is my only one, but that really is relative, so I don't complain too much.

13. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Lack of time is my nemesis. The wife has this way of making plans for us before she checks in with me, so that cuts in to the fishing.

The wind can be bad, too, but I can deal with it. Being from Nebraska, I learned long ago that you either deal with the wind or you don't get out much.

14. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Mine is my wife, Can't keep her put of the man cave. And she knows all my tricks.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    High water!!!!!

16. FordGuy2001

FordGuy2001 New Member

State:
    Texarkana,Texas
    Time, Money and Rain in that order.

Cause when I find the time to go, I usually have no money or its raining.

17. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I hafta say the wind. Not only because of boat control but I wear two hearing aids and the wind really plays heck with them.

18. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I would have to say low water, no current.

19. The Catfish Stalker

The Catfish Stalker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I just thought of another one. For me, it's a small boat motor for the type of water I generally fish on. The tourneys around here are mostly on the Illinois river and I only have a 40hp motor. I get around 20mph with it, but some of the best spots are around 10 to 15 miles up river and there's a large section that is no wake, so it takes me about an hour to get to the good spots and an hour back and in a seven hour tourney, that's a big chunk of time.

20. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Calm water is the biggest problem. It's bad enough in a lake, but when the river doesn't have any current, you might as well leave your tackle at home and just enjoy the scenery. Of course, high water is a problem, too, unless it's flooding, then the cats are feeding in the freshly flooded areas.