Whats you favorite combo?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Catfishboy1995, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Whats you favorite combo and why?...Mine is my abu garcia 7000i and the cabelas wuppin stick..I want to buy a TWC rod but cant afford it yet:(

2. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    mine is my 6500 bronzecat on my surge trophy elite rod.

3. Balex123

Balex123 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well I've got two tigers I'm saving up to put a couple Ming Yang CL-70s on, but untill then I probably would have to say my spinning abu cardinal 104 with an abu conolon premier mh rod. Its a lighter setup that I've purchased before I knew what I was getting into. It looks great, matching colors in all, but the main reason why I choose this, is because its so...... smooth. I can cast far and accurate!!! Plus I got both rod and reel at red tag price. I feel it's a very quality setup for the price. I own 2 of these setups and their my go to setups for all my local channel fishing.:cowboy:

4. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Does the 6500 look real small on that surge rod?..I was looking for one for my 7000 and is seemed Just the right size for a 7000...I think im going with TWC now..But them surge are some nice rods!!!

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Right now my flattin setups are Daiwa Saltists on Bigwater Uglystiks.

6. kawriverrat

kawriverrat Member

State:
    KANSAS
    It really depends on where I am fishing. But most of the time on the river I have 3, 7000s on 8' Classic Cat St. Croix rods.

7. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    From the Bank its my 10ft Penn Captiva Combo with 8000 reel. From the boat for big cats its my James River 8' with Penn 309 Combo. Best of both worlds is my 7' Ugly Stick/Penn 320GT2 and my 8'Glow stick/Abu 6500 but I got a TWC Rod and a Ming Yang CL70 im waiting to use that may give my others a run for their money. But honestly I dont have a set up I dont like

8. jjfisher

jjfisher New Member

State:
    missouri
    penn 320gt +7ft heavy river rod

9. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Right now my favorite combo is my 6500cs Pro Rocket and the Okuma Solaris Surf 12' casting rod. When I feel strong I also like my 7000ics Pro Rocket and the Ocean Master Cape Point 12' casting rod with the 6-12 oz lure rating.

10. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Ugly stick tiger lite and abu 6500

11. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Conventional: Abu 6500 w/ Powerhandle on a TWC rod. I have two of these setups and they are sweet (although I havent caught a fish on them yet). My favorite combo that I HAVE caught a fish on would be an Abu 6500 w/ Powerhandle on an 8ft H Whuppin Stick.

Spinning: Cabelas Salt Striker Baitfeeder 65 w/ a 8ft H Whuppin Stick (I have two of these. Also, I am looking to upgrade these two rods here shortly, just need to find a nice 7'6" or 8' spinner... any reccomendations?).

12. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    It would be my 8ft shakespeare usa (old school)20-80lb rod and Shimano Sspheros 18000 with 100lb power pro.No catfish swimming and no shark under 8ft is escaping this beast.

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    My favors are my Abu 6000 and Abu 6500C3 right now I get em on some cheap 6.6'' rods but I hope to replace them with Ugly Stick catfish rods. :)

14. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    The Number 7 from McDonalds with extra napkins, LOL. (i had too)

15. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    bk stacker guy here with rings and that sauce mmmm

16. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    HAHA, I didnt realize i put combo im stead of Rod and reel combo..lol

17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    my favorite is my 7' nite stick with saltstriker 65 baitrunner

18. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Catfish safari river rod with Shimano Tekota 600. Guess that's why I have 5 of these combo's.

19. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    So far , it is a patchwork combo consisting of a 9' MH Quantum Bill Dance rod coupled with a size 70 Shakespeare spinning reel. For this I use 80 pound Spiderwire. With the correct weight , it will cast forever. I'll get another to go with the Abu 5500 I got from Earl. Can't Wait!!

20. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Custom made 7 ft rod m/mh and a shimano reel.