What's with your screen names???

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tbull, Mar 12, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thought this might be a neat thread, and it may have been done before, but I was just curious how some created there screen names? Any meaning behind them? Mine came from the Marine Corps, my last name is Halsey, and every time my unit would be attatched to a ship, I would get asked atleast 100 times if I am related to Admiral "Bull" Halsey. I swear I got it all the time....:eek:oooh:...finally my buddies started catching on to it and started having fun with it and the name stuck. I was always called Bull or T-Bull, I still have buddies calling me almost 4 years later and saying the same thing when I answer the phone..:smile2:.......So let's hear it guys and gals, how'd you come up with the screen name?:wink:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nice thread travis... my last name is rollison, but i have always been called rollo by my buds. and actually have been called catfishrollo for along time in my area, by those that know me on the river! ..... rollo:big_smile:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Mine is hard, last name is ryan first name is gary. Most of my log in for work is ryang and a number so I just do it for ease. On a couple of other sites I go by gryan1966 which as you can guess is the year I was born :smile2:

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Uhh ... let me think .... :confused2:

5. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I smoked for 30 years and was always called smokin joe. I had quit for 6 months when I joined the club and added the x.

6. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Mine comes from being Luckey to catch2big cats.
    From the muskium river.Luckey wade

7. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Name is Josh Pritchett, always called "Pritch" or "JPritch" by the guys, so that's the name I go with on the sites I join.

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    The Northeast Ohio Catfish Angler's Tournament Series

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My wife says Im catfish crazy and 256 is the road I live on

10. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    uttatoo is what i like tattoos but spelled alittle different to spice it up hope this helps

11. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    570= May, 1970 (birthday)....Punkin is childhood nicname my parents gave me when i was still crawlin around.... some of their friends from years back still call me Punkin cause they dont remember my given name.

12. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Used to fish private ponds and park ponds exclusively with hotdogs for catfish. My drunken buddy called me dogcat one evening and it stuck when I showed him up with the hotdog beating his chicken liver on that particular outing.:big_smile:

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Loanwizard- I have specialized in helping people with credit problems get financing for cars for a long time and the name just happened.

14. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    joad is my sons first name. i named him after tom joad in the book,the grapes of wrath.b from my last initial.

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I used to be a sound engineer and with long hair and round sunglasses everyone called me ozzy cause I looked like him.

16. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Jason is my name and the 454ci stands for a 454 cubic inch big block chevy motor. Which I have in my 84 Monte Carlo SS.

17. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Travis! Yep, this subject has been broached before, but it seems to always be a popular one.

My choice isn't that exciting or original; I like to catfish, so Catgirl is short for catfishing girl (even though my GIRL years are long gone :smile2:). It's also somewhat of a take-off on Batgirl. There's probably a CatMAN around here somewhere, but I'm not one of his sidekicks......uh, I mean he doesn't belong to me :eek:oooh:.

Recently I've been bestowed with the nickname BatBOY by one of our beloved moderators. He needs to remember that batboys DO get the chance to wield a bat on occasion :wink:. Even if it is a pink one, it'll be a LOUISVILLE SLUGGER in my case. Never could get the hang of aluminum, so I stick with the old standby I've had since I was, hmmm, around 10 I think. Heck, that's been so long ago; they prolly make metal bats by now. :big_smile:

Love it, hate it.....been told both about my username by fellow members. Think I'm stuck with it though, and I don't mind a bit. :tounge_out:

18. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    my boat is a blazer and i got a outboard jet yea

19. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Easy ,I'm from Ohio , a hillbilly , and a jack of all trades.

20. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    Mine was given to me by my bass fishing brother, who always said i was crazy for trying to find bigger catfish to catch! I just think hes afraid to grab a fish over 4 pounds!!:big_smile: