Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this might be a neat thread, and it may have been done before, but I was just curious how some created there screen names? Any meaning behind them? Mine came from the Marine Corps, my last name is Halsey, and every time my unit would be attatched to a ship, I would get asked atleast 100 times if I am related to Admiral "Bull" Halsey. I swear I got it all the time....:eek:oooh:...finally my buddies started catching on to it and started having fun with it and the name stuck. I was always called Bull or T-Bull, I still have buddies calling me almost 4 years later and saying the same thing when I answer the phone..:smile2:.......So let's hear it guys and gals, how'd you come up with the screen name?:wink:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Mine is hard, last name is ryan first name is gary. Most of my log in for work is ryang and a number so I just do it for ease. On a couple of other sites I go by gryan1966 which as you can guess is the year I was born :smile2:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I smoked for 30 years and was always called smokin joe. I had quit for 6 months when I joined the club and added the x.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
570= May, 1970 (birthday)....Punkin is childhood nicname my parents gave me when i was still crawlin around.... some of their friends from years back still call me Punkin cause they dont remember my given name.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Used to fish private ponds and park ponds exclusively with hotdogs for catfish. My drunken buddy called me dogcat one evening and it stuck when I showed him up with the hotdog beating his chicken liver on that particular outing.:big_smile:

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
Hi Travis! Yep, this subject has been broached before, but it seems to always be a popular one.

My choice isn't that exciting or original; I like to catfish, so Catgirl is short for catfishing girl (even though my GIRL years are long gone :smile2:). It's also somewhat of a take-off on Batgirl. There's probably a CatMAN around here somewhere, but I'm not one of his sidekicks......uh, I mean he doesn't belong to me :eek:oooh:.

Recently I've been bestowed with the nickname BatBOY by one of our beloved moderators. He needs to remember that batboys DO get the chance to wield a bat on occasion :wink:. Even if it is a pink one, it'll be a LOUISVILLE SLUGGER in my case. Never could get the hang of aluminum, so I stick with the old standby I've had since I was, hmmm, around 10 I think. Heck, that's been so long ago; they prolly make metal bats by now. :big_smile:

Love it, hate it.....been told both about my username by fellow members. Think I'm stuck with it though, and I don't mind a bit. :tounge_out:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.