Whats ur favorite topwater bait in the morning

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by BubbaBoyEllis, Jun 18, 2009.

favorite morning topwater

1. walkin stick

2. popper

3. buzzbait

4. frog

5. softplastic no weight

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio
    If u got up real early wat would u use on a small lake for topwater bass in the summer

2. JHalden

JHalden New Member

State:
    NorthCalifornia
    If your fishin over moss and all that ide say a frog but if you can fish some open water i like the rebel poppers and hula poppers, it can be annoying but if you can walk the dog i like the rapala skitterwalk its a big bait compared to what i normally throw but i have even caught small fish on it...

3. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    I really like the new bronze eye frog from Spro. This can be deadly in the early morning over some moss or lily pads.

4. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    for big bass i like a buzzbait. you may not catch alot, but they should be nice size. another fav for small lakes and ponds is a black jitterbug, or a white weightless fluke esspecially when they are skiddish
    chip

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have three I commonly use,Weightless fluke,Pop R, and Zara spook. I hardy ever use buzz baits any more,but I have a few just in case thats whay they want.

6. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i've used rapala floating minnows for years now 3-4 inch always good for a few bass in the early morning i know there are tons of lures that can be used but this is my favorite

7. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
  8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I vote Buzzbait if there is a light chop on the water. Otherwise I would use a Pop R or zara spook.

9. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    been using a white topwater torpedo since i was a kid and they still work!

10. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio
    well the pond i hit has lilly pads and small open water spots i usually use a Bill Dance walkin stick in the open and a white/red Buzz Bait got my pb large mouth on a buzz it was a six pounder right next to the bank at 8 in the morning

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'd try some of the swimming frogs. My personal favorite is the Stanley Ribbit frog followed by the Zoom Horney Toad. They both work extremely well. However, a buzzbait is hard to beat. I've caught all but a handful of my bass over 5lbs on a buzz or frog and all but one of my bass over 7 on them. Topwater is the way to go....I love it. :wink:

12. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I gotta go with the Hula Popper. Old school, but it still works great for me.

13. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i like hocust locusts or jitterbugs, then frogs

14. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    i love the poppers! aint nothin like seeing the water explode and feeling the rod load up! my favorite was a bass popper.it it was shaped and looked like a largemouth.i used to buy them bare bones and design them myself. i did a lot of differant colors. the best was a white belly fading to red on sides and black on top with a touch of red under lip!!!! if anyone does thier own experiment with these colors i garantee you won't be disapointed! good luck, shane

15. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio
    well i went out a lil bit ago and treid afternoon had a couple swipes and caught a 3lb large but besides that no action

16. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I havent bass fished for a long time but I use to like the hulla poopers in the still water in the morning

17. msucatfish

msucatfish New Member

State:
    mississippi
    i love zara spooks, i give 3 twitches left right left then pause, the pause is deadly, 9/10 times the strikes are on the pause

18. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like using an old bait. called NIP_A_DITTY. use it in the lilly pads or at the inlet/outlet of the lake.
    smokey

19. BubbaBoyEllis

BubbaBoyEllis New Member

State:
    Zanesville'Ohio
    one i got on a lake near my house called blue rock

Attached Files:

20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I like to walk a zara spook with a front runner about 12-16" in front of it. Caught lots of doubles doing this. Especially kentuckys.