Whats up with the text?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Oct 25, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Has everyone forgot how to talk,seems like its text this text that ,My wife even textes me from across the room!! I HATE IT!!I cant figure out how folks even remember which buttons are what gotta push em so many times to get the letters right :sad2:Too many gadgets on phones nowdays,Just give me back my old BAG PHONE.

2. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    My big hands and all those little buttons, not a good combination. I hate texting.

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Right on... I can type well on the computer.....but the little fingers do not do the thing like the others..... cannot text stuff, and will not.... read my lips or listen to me......

bayrunner ray

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I hate it to Richard, but i don't think i'm ready to go back to that old bag phone just yet though:eek:oooh:.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Load, I am hoping you make it to the national gathering at KEN LAKE because It will be a pleasure meeting you in person and NOT being a million miles away on this gadget......but on the other hand this is how it all started.....BOC BROTHEER WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD OF GADGETS:wink:
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN OF TECHNOWLEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh:

6. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had to up my daugters texts to 1000 per month!!!! Who can use 1000 a month?
    My biggest problem with texts..... they expect me to text them back while I'm driving! Aint gonna happen. I can't even dial the phone while driving let alone text.:angry:

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Never got a txt msg. Hard for me to learn a new language at my age. I wear trifocals and I don't know if they make a quadfocal to read that stuff esp. when the sun is shining on my screen. We have a landline Internet connection. I never shut the PC off so our telephone line is always busy. Has eliminated an amazing amount of aggravation in our life. Nancy has a cell and uses it quite frequently. I was forced to acquire a personal cell because of some of the physical conditions I have. If I go down I need that 911 stuff so the helicopter can find me. The few people who have my number have learned not to call too much, because I won't answer the damn thing. I think I would like to go back to two cans and a string.

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Txt mesg. never gunna happen in this house. If it wasnt for the BOC i wouldnt even have a puter. To me a telephone is a neccesary evil i hate talking on the dang thing. Beth begged me to get a cell phone, not gunna happen says i. She got me a trak phone that no one has the number to except her. The only time i take it with me is when im fishing or hunting.

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    No ya didn't. Tell em to make do with what they got and like it. I'm real sorry ya can't dial while drivein. Perhaps steerin and usein turn signals should be a priority.

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Only text message I get is letting me know my bill is ready to pay other than that I have never used the function.

11. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I kind of wonder if cell phones aren't the cause of alot of car accidents today. I myself wont have one, went to pick up my son from work yesterday and counted 32 people driving 20 miles an hour under the speed limit with cells stuck to their heads! What ever happened to quiet time to reflect on your life? Oh well, never caught a cat yet with a cell stuck to its head! I wonder if they make good bait! lol

12. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    I wish they would come out with a simple no frills cell phone. I don't need mp3, camera and all the other stuff to go wrong. Just needs to be rugged and more waterproof than the existing models.

13. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I thought that steering and watching the traffic around me was a big priority.
    There are too many people out there reading & writing a text while driving and not paying attention to the road! Those people aint sure which lane they're supposed to be in.

And it is cheaper to up the messages than to pay the bill if she goes over. It was only $10.00 for 1000. We have had bills that charged us $50.00 (.20 a text) Even if she aint textin all her friends text her and it still costs the same. Darn teenagers! Can't get it through their head to not text cause it charges BOTH people!:crazy:

14. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    12 yr old granddaughter and her girlfriend sit in the back seat of our car and text message each other... What's up with that? Maybe they're talkin' about things they think I shouldn't hear... In my day, text messaging was called letter writin'...:smile2:

15. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    :smile2: Oh come on old timers... it is fun little toy and a time waster. It isn't all that bad :smile2:

16. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Never understood the text message bit anyway.
    You got a telephone in your freakin' hand, TALK to 'em.
    HAD to up your daughters texting to 1000 a month ???
    Do like I did, give your daughter a cell phone that will only call home and 911.
    What else do they need ???

17. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    We had text blocked on our cells. The person who had the # before me must have been a text nut, i got text messages all day. Blocked it out , problem solved.

18. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    just text me and i'll get a text back to you............wait i just got a text. i need to get a blackberry.

19. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Mine has a neat lil feature called "quick notes". You can program in lines of text to send back for all occasions, like:

Out of beer.
    Need ice.
    Leave me alone.
    I'm fishing.
    I'm hunting.
    Ask your mother.
    No, I don't have any money.
    I never had sexual relations with that woman.
    Read my lips, no new taxes.

:smile2:

20. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I'm one of those young whipper-snappers that loves the text message function. I get unlimited texts messages, and they are super handy. Let's say I'm in a class at the University and I'm not paying attention to my professor. What to do? Text someone! Or, let's say I'm sitting in a meeting at my super-cushy office job not paying attention to my boss. What to do? Text someone!

In all seriousness, the pro's of texting for me are that you do not have to respond to them immediately (like when you are driving), unlike being on the phone with someone where you are burning up minutes until you get your answer. My friend may send me a text, or I to him or her, and the response might not be for a couple of hours, maybe even days. This way, if I have a question I want to ask that doesn't need an urgent answer, I can ask the question before I forget it, and the other party can answer at their convenience. Like if they were in class at a University and are actually paying attention and taking notes. Or whatever people do in class if they don't text.