Whats up with the skipjack?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by bck1006, Jun 17, 2007.

1. bck1006

bck1006 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Guys, I just wanted to know where are all the skippies at? Last few years we have been catching a ton right about now and lately nothing.If you guys have any info let me know.Thans

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Me too! Any skipjack at Chain of rocks or Alton dam?

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    hey bck welcome aboard

I also have had bad luck with the skips. I may be doing something wrong
    or they just not running like they use to good luck. and if you find any let us know:angry:

4. mofisher

mofisher Member

State:
    Missouri
    I haven't had any luck catching them lately either, but I've been told that you usually can't catch them in the Missouri river this time of the year, and that the Mississippi was the place to go. Does anyone know for sure?

5. turtle1173

turtle1173 Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    The Mississippi isn't any better over here right now. The only place I know of where they are catching them plentifully is down in AL and MS. Even Barkley and KY Lake dams are dry of skips.

They are either holding deeper or they are elsewhere in my area!

I caught one today on a wing dike. But that doesn't go to far, LOL. When you hit several dikes and come away with only "1" that's a pretty big waste of time. I've been using shad and just don't do as well on it.

6. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    whats the story on the new cat in your avatar.

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Brian, I went out on pool 25 on the Miss. Monday and couldn’t find em in my normal spots… talked with some folks that live there and they said they were everywhere when the water was up but now that it’s dropped, they’ve disappeared. I’ll post any updates

8. turtle1173

turtle1173 Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Ed, I wish I had a new story to tell, LOL. I was getting tired of looking at my other "pose" so I switched to a different fish. This one was caught in April of '05 and weighed 56 lbs.