Whats up with Salt Fork?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tbull, Jul 3, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Kind of funny, but I was watching Monster Quest last night and they were talking about the "Grass Man", which I assume is the same thing as big foot...Any of you guys up that way seen anything intersting? They were searching for him around the lake in Salt Fork state park, makes me wonder about all of the noises I hear when I am tied off in a deep dark cove at a similar lake down here...thought it was interesting I love that kind of stuff, wondering if any of you local boys up there watched it last night on the History channel??:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::smile2:

2. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    YES SAW THAT , BEEN THERE IN THE DARK OF NIGHT,HEARD MY BELLY SCREAM FOR FOOD,FARTED AND WIFE ALMOST JUMPED OUT OF BOAT, SAID I WAS NOT A BIT FUNNY. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE OUT IN THE WOODS. HUMANS HAVE NOT SEEN EVERY THING MOTHER NATURE HAS TO OFFER.
    KEEP ON FISHING:embarassed::eek:oooh::confused2:

3. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    I saw that a couple of weeks ago, I can't believe I had never heard of the Grassman before. Sure doesn't seem like it should be so hard to find these creatures with all the technology available today, if they really do exist.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds very interesting. I have been stationed in numerous places and it seems there is always some big foot stories to go with the area.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I seen that show a couple of weeks ago also, I never heard of the Grassman. Anyone that lives in that area know what they are talking about?

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Makes me think of the Bellamy Brothers song:

He's an old hippie and he don't know what to do
    Should he hang on to the old
    Should he grab on to the new

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Yep saw that show twice now and they still haven't found it ... :wink: There experts don't seem to know too much about nature it seems to me ... on the grassman subject or any other of the subjects they have covered ... :roll_eyes: ... Garry-

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I agree, all I know is I want one of those cool helicopters!:roll_eyes::smile2:

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ya that thing was pretty cool I would love one of those

10. Gary B

Gary B New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I haven't heard of the Grassman. I have lived in Ohio most of my life. I will tell you what crazy is. The dude that is running around at Salt Fork in a bigfoot costume getting all this BS stirred up. Somebody gonna bust a cap in that dude's a** someday.

11. Cat-n-around

Cat-n-around New Member

State:
    ohio
    yeah i saw it to,dont know if i`ll be hunting there anymore

12. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Heck, where's the fun in that. Makes me want to hunt there more, maybe with something a little more powerfull than my 12 ga. though.

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    lol what a bunch of hooey!:roll_eyes: They haven't found one thing on that show! The main reason being because none of the things they are looking for exist except for the giant squid and maybe some big fish. Another reason that they couldn't find him is Grassmen head south for the winter..:crazy::smile2::wink:

14. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    i missed the TV program but i really wanted to watch it...........i fish salt fork 6-7 times a year for flatties and i must admit i have heard a few weird sounds down there at night that i have never heard in all of my years of hunting !! but to be honest the one time that i had the hell scared out of me was at tappan lake 4 years ago when me and 4 other guys heard a loud screaming sound in the woods down there that kept getting closer to us each time it screamed ...........we packed up our gear and moved to another spot.........im not positive but i think one of the other BOC guys was fishing with me that night ??? :eek:oooh:

the only problem i have in actually believing in bigfoot/grassman ........is that noone has ever found skeletal remains or found one hit along a road anywhere !! not saying that they do or do not exist ...........anything is possible in nature IMO.

15. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    I have it taping on DVR. Ill be down there this weekend Sat. and Sun. night. I grew up going to Salt Fork and have never heard of this Grassman, Its probably some local goon in a Guilly suit. lol. I have heard some pretty creepy stuff down there at night, but I never think too far into it. I have encountered a lot of people smoking dope down there, I guess you can call them grassmen? :smile2: Ill let you guys know it I see this infamous Grassman.

16. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Kyle you may be on to something there, a reefer smokin bigfoot. :smile2:

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I saw that program a couple weeks ago too. I had never heard of the grassman. I do believe in bigfoot though lol. I have watched other shows the last few years about other bigfoot hunters and such. On a couple of them they had recordings of what they claimed were bigfoot howls.

Well last wednesday me and my brother were out there in one of those dark coves. Around midnight I heard one of those same howls on one side of the lake then 5 or 6 minutes later I heard an answering call from the other side but it was way off in the distance. The only reason I heard the second one was because it was eeriely silent out there that night. No crickets or frogs or any of the normal night noises. I even said something about it to Richard earlier in the evening.

About 2:30 we moved another mile deeper into this cove and anchored up again. About 20 minutes later when we were set up and quiet, I started hearing splashing sounds about 200 yards up the bank on the same side where the original howl came from. It sounded like a man stomping around and sloshing in the water, then smacking the surface with his hand or a branch.

This went on for about 25 minutes before it stopped. It didn't sound like spawning fish to me. It was just different. Was it a bigfoot trying to scare us off? I can't say fer sure, but it did happen and makes for a great campfire story.

18. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    shouldve run up there and captured him and tied him up :smile2:

19. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Not 20 miles from Salt Fork State park is the home of the Big Foot Society in Newcomerstown. Within this group is video evidence and live eyewitness testimony that Bigfoot exists. Grassman could big a bigfoot in drag (Hawaiin drag to be exact)

Now I am a pragmatist. I don't believe in Bigfoot, the Abominable Snowman, Aliens from outer space, UFO's, George W Bush actuallay WON an election.... you know, things of fantasy.....

But.... when at Salt Fork, I anchor my boat well away from shore.... from what I hear, Bigfoot don't swim.....

20. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    if he has been around there long and watched all the boats he may know how to operate one so look out:smile2: