Whats up with Iowa info board?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by kkyyoottee, Aug 20, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am kinda stunned with all the great catfish waters in Iowa that our info board goes for days at a time without anything!! Is it Iowans just want to keep their knowledge a secret? I dont want to start anything or be taken wrong I just dont get it. Can someone explain it?

Thanks Will

2. madcater

madcater New Member

State:
    iowa
    i do not under stand it eather i know the river up by hartford was hot this week end i am going to box car with my wife sat and going below the red rock dam to night ill let you know but it does not matter if i tell some one where i fish cuz my buddy was with me this weekend and he got two in and i got like 9 but we were uesing the same stuff fish are going to bit on what the want and when they want

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    If the rest of the Iowan members are anything like me, they are either fishing, working, or spending time with the family during these summer days. I guarantee you'll see a lot more posts during the fall and winter. Other than that I think bluegill and sunfish are the best bait to try right now if you're going for the hawgs. If not, crawdads and cut shad are doing wonders for the eater-sized cats.

4. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    i swear that i have put up posts on here that have not been posted. am i doing somethin wrong or is someone taking me off? I went out on the mississippi this evening for a little bit on the pontoon. only got 2 fish, but got one of the 3 biggest channels i have had of the year. roughly 11# or so. only got a pic on the phone camera. dont know if i will fish much for the next couple weeks cause it sounds like the miss is gonna come up good. it was rippin today and full of crap. went from using 2 oz or less sinkers in big water to barely holdin with a 3 oz today in a matter of 2 days. ... ugh.

5. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa

6. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    My question is, WHERE IS JD? We Haven't heard from him in a long time. Worried about that old boy.

7. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I know that around my area fishing spots are at a premium. I work thursdays thru mondays so I fish tues and weds. That leaves me out of gatherings. but most of the good spots here are taken by people who would not be considered shall we say law abiding. These are the people that quit there jobs in the spring camp on the river from april till october and carry guns to defend their spots.

8. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well at least I now there are a few of us here in Iowa!!! Thanks!!!

9. King Flats W'loo

King Flats W'loo New Member

State:
    iowa
    Sorry guys im from waterloo iowa and fish alot of our rivers from coralville to delhi to wapsi to cedar all the way to the great mississippi and here are some pictures of my gr8 catches 011_11.jpg

012_12.jpg

019_19.jpg

10. King Flats W'loo

King Flats W'loo New Member

State:
    iowa
  11. KingVille

KingVille New Member

State:
    Iowa
    great fish man ....KING LOO..... lol well i cant wait until we do it again and i,m pretty sure we will run across some members on the bank one day ...