Whats up I need help

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by natethe great, Nov 7, 2007.

1. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    hey boc sorry i haventy been on in a great while but n ow im back and i would like some help i am getting into stripper and hybrid fishing for the winter because the cats tend to slow down in the winter @ the local lake i tend to fish and i was wondering if any of you guys knew how to or had any tips i could try out well if you do please share and if not thanks and good talkin to ya till next time good fishing:big_smile:

2. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    ask jim aka daddy rabbit he does alot of hibreed fishing there you can catch up with him at fishing feaver tackle shop most time during any week day. I'm sure he will give you a helping hand, and besides cats still bite good during the winter at oak hollow i got my larger ones when the water gets cooler. Jeff

3. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Speaking of Oak Hollow, how is the bite there lately? I have not been on the lake since it closed for low water. Has the lake level recovered any? I heard they reopened.

4. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    yes they have reopened and the lake rose around 3 feet from the last big shower we finally received and my last day working there was last saturday and i already miss it but for the last few weeks ive only seen one cat over 8 lbs and one hybrid over 10lbs but other then that i havent seen anything now the ramps are fairly accesible and easy to opperate on but other then that im sure theyll close it again here in the next few weeks if we dont have any rain cause november is our dryest month and the way we are starting to steadily drop again is insane well ill keep you guys informed till next time if you can find any water not only tell me where its at but good fishing:big_smile:

5. dhjunkie

dhjunkie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    New to the site. Glad to see Oak Hollow getting some press. I'm heading out there Sunday after church. I'll let you know what I get into.

6. dhjunkie

dhjunkie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Fished from the bank in front of the marina from 2:30-5:00. Caught one really small hybrid on a night crawler. The marina was out of any live bait. Who else in High Point sells live minnows? I did see two small cats caught.

7. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    um to be honest with you the only local place to get live bait would have to be city lake but its out in jamestown and also the marina usually gets their bait shipment in on thursdays and in the winter the guy that brings the bait andy doesnt bring as much because its winter so if its nice out that week the bait will most likely be gone by the next week im sirry to inform you of that well till next time good fishin and maybe on day i come out there and fish with you sience its like 3 mins from my house :wink:

8. dhjunkie

dhjunkie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Next time I'll call a couple days ahead of time and check the bait situation. Come on out and fish w/ me anytime. I'll try and post here a couple days before I go to give a heads up.

9. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    ok thanks ill try to statrt posting more sience i havent much because of the situation with job hunting school and everything else:wink:

10. dhjunkie

dhjunkie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Nate, in your time working at the marina did you ever see fish of any decent size caught off the bank?

11. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    ohhhhhhhh yeah i saw many over ten lbs and alot of them were cats and i even saw a few carp around 15 - 20 lbs so yeah they are in there just takes paitence:wink: