whats this world coming to??

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i hate to be one of those people that gets on these websites and tells the world about their problems, but i really need to vent a little bit so here it goes....

i live in a fairly nice neighborhood, my parents have lived here since i was a kid and i dont even know where the key to my front door is. however it seems as if i am now going to have to get one and figure out maybe about a security system. i have a 15 foot jon boat and this morning my brother and i were going to take it out, i went into my garage and low and be hold my trolling motor and my gas motor were both missing. its funny that, that is all that they may have taken or i may not know yet about anything else. just ashame that even some of the best neighborhoods are becoming untrust worthy.

not to act as if i myself haven't made mistakes and some not very many years ago, i never stole and although i did experiment as many people do i knew when it was time to play and when it was time to not. as a good friend of mine were talking, we figured out when to flip the switch and the others havent. but it seems that the influx of crime is most definitely corrolational to the influx of drug use. which i myself attribute to the state of the economy and lack of drug education in our school systems, but more importantly at home.

sorry for the not so happy thread but i guess when someone ruins my way to get away from what is wrong in the world and a way to escape from reality without drugs. it just really irritates me, and this could also spark some interesting political debates....

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremy were sorry to hear of your loss. Crime is on the rise in all neighborhoods. Report the thief to the police and keep a watch on all the pawn shops. It may just show up.

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Can't stand a liar-fish tales are exempt-or a thief. Sorry to hear about your loss and hope you are able to recover it and see the thief get from now on in court. Stay safe and keep an ear to the ground!!!

4. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    That really sucks! I agree that things are surely not what they used to be. You go fishing and have to wonder when you come back if your vehicle is still in one piece as you left it or even still there.
    People, in general, just don't seem to be raised with an manners anymore. There were always the thugs and troulble makers but now it seems like they come out of the woodwork like roaches.
    Hope you rebound alright.

5. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    what part of Ky? someone here might be a second set of eyes and ears for ya, maybe alot more..:wink:

6. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Sooner or later it"ll come back to em.:angry:
    Im a firm believer in what goes around comes around:wink:

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I know how you feel. It makes one feel violated after living in an area for years and then have to start locking up every thing you own in order to keep it.

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    sorry to hear of your loss

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Jeremy it happens all the time anymore an it's not getting any better thats for sure. Alot of times I have seen when something goes missing that it's someone that know's who you are or a friend does. Kinda like a friend of a friend so to be. Your right also about the habits of the illegals substances an what measures they will go to get the next fix. Sorry for your loss an never like hearing this sort of deal.

10. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Man, I am truly sorry to hear that you fell victim to this kind of person. I just hope that "karma" does play a factor upon them, but I agree with the previous posts, if you happen to drive by a pawn shop stop in and take a look, you might find what was taken from you, and it never hurts to get the police involved in a situation like this.

Keep an eye out, if they struck once, and had "luck" of not getting caught they might try again... Never know, you might be the difference maker for your area.

Just be careful!

11. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    thanks every one who posted, i was using the site to just vent a little. sorry for bringing a bad air to a great site. little update i did call the police and what not, but who knows, we'll see.... im from catlettsburg, for those of you that were asking my neighborhood is the one across from calgon. if your from the area you know the area.

once again thanks guys. keep on keeping on. :big_smile: