Whats the worst hook you have been caught with while fishing?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catmanofohio, Mar 16, 2006.

1. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Where has the deepest hook you have ever got in you body before on accident while fishing. How deep was it, and how did you get it out? :confused:

2. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I got a few on my face. LOL

3. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Mine would have to been about 3 or 4 years ago when i was at my aunts pond messing around with a small spinner bait with a small treble hook casting out and trying to catch bluegills. After I reeled in I casted out again real fast and the hook hit me in the back of the head and got stuck... :eek: My aunt messed around with it for a while and couldnt get it so I called my mom, she said she would meet us at the local hospital... well I went and waited for about 2 hours walking around with a big SHINY fishing lure dangling from my skull... After getting a tetna shot, the ER doc that night(about 6' 400lbs) grabbed me and started cutting it out then gave it a big YANK.... I thought to myself that SOB.. how about an elbow to his croch lol.... but I got over it and I still have that lure to this day lol thats my worst one!!! HOW ABOUT YOURS? :)

4. flannelman

flannelman New Member

i dont think i could match that but a few days ago i was fly fishing and hooked myself in the ear with a nymph. had to take my buckknife and cut it out but even the pain and blood didnt keep me from fishing. i kept on fishin but still didnt catch anything. o well

5. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I was putting some bait on a hook and my buddy tripped over the line and the hook went through my fingernail and came out the other side, we had to clip one end so we could get the hook out with mimimmal damage due to the barb.

Now my mother had one pretty bad, I had a jerk bait that I left on the coffee table and my cat started to play with it and she got snagged in the foot with it, so my mother tried to help and got all 3 treble hooks in her hand, I wasnt home at the time but she had to call a good freind of mine and he came down to seperate my mother from the cat and then took her to the ER, all this happen while i was fishing, we i came home there was blood all over the house, I cleaned it up and mom called from the hosptial and she was fine. Lesson learned, never left your hooks or lures out.

chris

6. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    OUCH to all these lol. Keep em coming!

7. JimF

JimF New Member

State:
    IL
    I was bass fishing 20yrs ago with a buddy from highschool, he went to cast out a rattle trap he forgot to release the button and caught me right in the neck with both hooks, he grabed the pliers and gave them a yank. I never did get him back for that. I WILL someday.
    I once caught my little sis in the eye lid when we were kids. My dad had to cut the hook off due to the barb. She never got me back for that, She WILL someday.

8. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    OMG Jim. The eyelid OUCHERS lol rep points for the good aim!

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I got one right in my ear when I was little....actually didn't hurt at all, went threw right where a ear ring would usually go. I guess that's why I couldn't feel it.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been lucky, never been hooked!

11. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I was about ten or elven when it happen but I remeber very cleary because thinking about still hurts
    I was lerning how to fish with a open face and my unlce put on top water lure that was about six inches long the ones with three treble hooks you know the one I am talking about I went to throw it and I left my finger on it and it came down and stuck all three of them in my right leg all the down so my uncle cut my jean leg of and pulled out some cleaning achol cut them out with his pocket knife I cryed like a baby then we went to the hosptal and got stiches but it healed alright turn back and went fishing I should say on a side note that my uncle is a vet

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I think I was 12 when I was trout fishing and had a few on the stringer and it was hot so I took my line with a minnow spoon out of the water and set down my rod then went for a swim. well there was this cowardly little piss ant named daniel c pierson who lived on the other side of the creek who snuck down tossed my line in and snagged my calf (treble hook to the calf really really hurts!!) he took my stringer of trout and ran off like the coward he is. some strange guy heard me screaming. jumped in and carried me home so I can be taken to grandview hospital on mothers day (sorry mom). It wasnt the first or last problem I've had with that wuss. Needless to say he is one of 2 people I will not drop a grudge with. Needless to say Ive met his father and sister and their all deranged trailer park trash. If this wasnt a family forum, I'd tell ya how I really feel about them.....LOL

13. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Well Matthew mine is kinda like yours.
    I was about 8 to 10 yrs old and only got to fish with a cork and a worm. After beggin' my Granddad to let me fish with a lure like my brother and his buddy were doing, he let me. My first cast hung in a tree behind me. I gave it a huge yank and it came lose and hung in the back of my head. My brother gave it a yank, his buddy gave it a yank and then my granddad yanked. I'm sure I balled all the way to the hospital. When we got there I remember seeing the sign out front. It said :"Practicing" Dr. #$ , I told my granddad ain't nobody gonna practice on my head anymore !!!! Later I learned it didn't mean the Doc was still practicing.

14. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    last year . small mouth fisshing out of my canoe.with a small crank baihad both sets of trebles in me.i always carry a pair of side cutters . run the hooks thru cut off the barbs and back the hooks out. it does hurt while your doing it but its a long way to an overpriced dr. from a nice small mouth stream in the ozarks.i've had more hooks in me than i can remember.trebles are the worst. the worst i ever seen thought was a surf fisherman with a 16/0 circle hook all the way thru his fore arm just above the wrist. if you dont have bolt cutters your going to the dr. with that one.

15. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Got a trotline hook in my index finger alongside the fingernail. Ripped it out because it was about to pull me overboard. Apparantly it also damaged my brain, because I tried to thow it, and it ended up in the joint of my thumb. Ripped it out. By then the boat was swamped; it turned over. Fortunately, I wasn't hung up on the trotline any more and I was able to follow the boat as it drifted in to shore.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I think I got ya'll beat!!!!!

when i was about 15 or so,i was b**s fishing and caught a 12-14" largemouth.i was using a rapala lure,with treble hooks on each end.i was trying to get the hook out and the fish jumped right out of my hands.i'll be danged if the 1 treble hook on the end came down and firmly embedded 2 of the 3 hooks in my nose!!! i had a rapala with a bass hanging down from my nose!! i hollered to my friend to get the bleeping thing out,he was laughing too hard to do anything.he got the bass off and was too scared to try to get the lure out.we walked abt a mile back to my house to try to get it out.my mom freaked out and said "we gotta go to the hospital" just as luck would have it my 'comedian' uncle was in town and drove us to the hospital.as we went in,he was hollering "paging dr. hook,paging dr. hook" and turned to someone that worked there and said " do you all have a jukebox?i'm wanting to hear some dr.hook and the medicine men" when i got back in the e.r. they gave me 3 shots to numb it and took a pair of pliars,cut off the top of the hook and removed the 2 pieces. it wasn't funny then,but HILARIOUS now!!!!

17. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Yeah I can see we were all in a bit of pain due to our addictions.

18. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    never wear shorts fishing...was about 8 yrs old and was fishing with my dad and 2 brothers at the creek...my brother had hung up on a low limb and was pulling away at it when it came loose...lure flew backwards right between my legs and at the same time he jerked the pole forward and .....2 set of treble hooks on the inside thigh area...being a typical 8 year old i set up a crying fit that put all others to shame..they had to hold me down while my dad took the pilers the get them out..still have nightmares about that one

19. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    u guys are to dangerious for me ill just stay a hunnert yrds away from yall. lol and i thought i was dangerious. i always have a verry sharp knife on me while running my lines . u never know what will happen . if u fish long u learn hooks are a way of life. keep a sharp knife, handy. so u can cut a drop quickly in an emergency. will keep u out of the horsepittle, or even worse the morgue . have a day

20. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    Isn't fishing fun ;)
    I can tell you all a great story that happened to me a few years back. I young fella about 13 was snagging carp in a local fishing hole. He snagged a carp about 25 lbs and was struggling to get it on shore. I ran down the bank to help. He had a VERY VERY large treble hook in the top of the fish's head when I grabbed for the line close to the fish. He flipped and you guessed it drove the hook into my index finger. You talk about pain. There I was trying to keep the carp from jumping around any more and trying to hug it to my chest with the good hand. After 3 hours ( or so it seemed, even though it was only a minute or two) someone saw what had happened and cut the hook with a pair of pliers. I headed to the hospital and they thought it humous to have such a size hook in my finger. They laughed, I didn't.