Whats the wierdest thing you have caught while Catfishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jerellman, May 22, 2006.

1. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    Just wondering, whats the wierdest thing yall caught while you were catfishing?

2. liquidblue

liquidblue New Member

State:
    louisiana
    A shoe..........

3. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    one thing is a large dead catfish corpse tear tear! when i go for cats i expect them alive and not dead. also ive caught carpet, and a dead turtle

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    sounds like you guys been fishim withme out here in the passaic river N.J.

5. captain5214

captain5214 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    a old weather vane with only the e left on it......and i kept it.

6. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    My wife caught a broken golf club!

7. bottom_rig

bottom_rig New Member

State:
    baltimore, md
    i, like channelcat_tracker, caught a huge dead cat last summer...

8. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was just out a few weeks ago. There was a nesting pair of geese on the lake. A lone goose landed about fifteen feet from me. The other geese were coming over to kick some goose butt. They flew right in front of me. The first hit my second pole and flipped in to the water. The resident caught my line on the first pole and pull it with him as he flew away. It pulled the weight and the hook off the bottom and he got hooked. He came down like a 747. I grabbed my knife and cut the line. He flew off with about 40 ft of line hanging from him. I saw him two weeks later and he's doing fine. If I had a video of the incident I would of won some nice money.

9. T-man

T-man New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Same thing happend to me a few weeks ago steveg442. I was at a small pond here in yellow springs ohio and had my line out fishing for some bluegills and out of the blue there is a pretty good size goose right at my line getting ready to swim across it. Well sure enough he got tangled in it and he took off. I jumped up and grabed the line and bit it really quick but he still got a good 20 feet of line or so. FREAKED ME OUT. Down from me there was 2 older couples fishing and they stared yelling at me like it was my fault!!:confused2:

10. docwaldo

docwaldo New Member

State:
    louisiana
    i caught a fresh water eel, matter of fact i have caught two of them. the first one was about 8 foot long. when i pulled him ouit of the water, i thought i had caught a humongous water moccasin. but i quickly realized that a cotton mouth would not be hanging ouit in 75 feet of water. the second one i caught was only aobut 4 foot long. but they are freaky looking creatures. i caught both of them in the red river in nw louisiana.

drop it deep and yank it hard. . .

doc :)

11. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    An anchor rope with the anchor attached. Someone had evidently just dropped it in without hooking it up. It still had the clip on the end. I still use it.

12. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    one time i caught a rod and reel

13. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    i caught my brother behind the ear...lol:crazy:

14. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I went fishing with a guy Saturday that told me that he and a buddy were fishing and they both caught the same fish..... at the same time!

One had him in the mouth and the other hooked it's tail. He said they about fell out of the boat laughing once they both reeled in THEIR fish!

15. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Hey Tony, had the same thing happen when we were ocean fishing in Belize. My dad hooked this weird looking fish full of teeth in the mouth and I hooked it in the tail, at the same time, I think it was called a Dogfish or something? Atleast that's what I think the guide said. It was a weird deal, at the exact same time we both yelled "got one...he's going right" lol.

16. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    if you mean with a rod and reel

beer cans
    bags
    another rod and reel
    trotlines
    christmas tree

17. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    there is a little pond right by my house and some of the people there (i'm not saying any more than that as not to offend anyone) like to throw stuff into the water instead of putting it in their garbage cans. in that pond, i've caught a:

crate
    bicycle
    x-mas tree
    multipule shoes
    a pair of pants
    a bag of old clothes
    and kool keep minnow keeper, which i still use

just recently up at jordan lake in NC, i was cast netting some shad and pulled out this weird looking fish, it was pink and had no eyes. looked like a carp at first, but it didn't have defined scales like a carp... any ideas???? it was about 12 inches long

18. liquidblue

liquidblue New Member

State:
    louisiana
    How big is that fish in your profile?

19. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I caught a rod and reel once that still worked. I also caught someones landing net.

20. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nightfishing on lake, with nightcrawlers. my friends wife and i caught the same fish same time. a big redear, yes both hooks in his mouth.