Whats the wierdest thing you ever caught

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, May 21, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    just wandering whats the wierdest catch youve ever caught could be species what was wrong with the fish turtles dead bodies whatever?

2. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    My exwife, thats when I started catch and release. LOL

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

The weirdest thing I ever caught was a vinyl coated metal lawn chair.:lol:

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ROFLMAO! Now that's one heck of a catch!:lol:

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    rusty thats the funniest post i ever read LMAO

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea brother, I caught one of those as well.

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    the weirdest thing I ever caught and it actually put up the biggest fight I have ever encountered while fishing is, Me, My self. I'm telling ya, when stuff happens it happens. Ouch.

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    wierdest thing i ever caught was a drunk buddy after he tried to save his lucky pole in amajorly flooded river with an anchor rope he was a trooper though he refused to let go of the pole even though he was losing his grip and still managed to catch the fish OH and he complained to me for throwing him a rope that had two cycle oil on it Didnt even say thanks for savin his life

9. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    The only weirdest I ever caught was MYSELF from sliding down the riverbank out of fright.Back in 1990,my brother-in-law's & I were nightfising on the American River in Sacramento,when out of nowhere came a sharp voice over a loudspeaker:"THIS IS THE HIGHWAY PATROL! WE HAVE THE AREA COMPLETLY SURROUND,COME OUT INTO THE OPEN SLOWLY WITH YOUR HANDS UP!" We did'nt know what was happening.Allwe were doing was fishing & drinking beer,nothing big enough to summon the highway patrol.We put our pole's down and did what we were told,walked toward thier crusier's with our hand's in the air.A sergeant turned around,looked at us and said,"WHAT YOU'RE ALL'S PROBLEM?".It turned out the part of the river we were fishing on bordered the California Highway Patrol Academy in West Sacramento,they were night maneuver training.We sobered up real fast and got outof there quick.By the way,that bank I slid down was STEEP.Still don't know how I climbed back up.

10. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    While Bass fishing using a Jitterbug at night with my dog. I hooked into a nice one. After about 30 seconds the line started to rise & rise & rise!!!!!!! I landed the biggest darn Barn Owl I've ever seen. I've also got Gules, Ducks, Beaver but the Owl had me fooled :smile2:

11. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Caught a 66 pound loggerhead snapping turtle on a crankbait while bass fish'n Greers Ferry Lake about 10 years ago. It was early spring and the water was still pretty cool, so he was kinda sluggish, but he still was a handful. I got him in my boat then wondered why I did that, luckily he back up in a corner and claimed his part of the boat while I stayed in mine til we got to a marina where I weighed him.

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Naples Fla.50s.A manatee,but it was real nice about it.It let me get the hook out.It didn;t act like it knew that it was hooked.Now that blame Pelican.It got me by the nose,scratched me with its feet,beat me with its wings and craped all over me.That was the good part.The bad part was the crowd rooting for the Pelican.Humiliating to say the least.I have caught 2.Both were BAD news.peewee-williams

13. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    last year i snagged a giant sunfish while snagging bunker for stripers had tobreak line thing was as big as a tabel ugly too

14. Sprouty13

Sprouty13 New Member

State:
    MO
    Spanish Mackerel