Whats the wierdest bait you have used?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jerellman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    Whats the wierdest bait you have used while catfishing?

2. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    Blackberries. They worked.

3. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Not a bait that I used, but I watched my grandmother use a dead bird she found by the lake. It worked! pulled in a pretty nice channel.

4. ozzfreak

ozzfreak New Member

State:
    Berryville, Arkansas
    This isn't really a bait, or maybe it is, but one night I was fishing with this lady, and she was catching a bunch, and I wasn't getting any bites at all. I was sitting right next to her, using the same baits. I finally came to the conclusion it had to be her scent, so I had her start touching my bait before I threw it out, and bam, I started catching them. I dunno if it was coincidence or maybe it was her perfume, all I know is that I started catching them. I thought it was kinda funny.

5. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    About 15 or 20 Years ago here in arkansas There is a lake called Grande Lake it had so many catfish in it that the game and fish commission lifted the limit on the lake. So some friends and I decided to go there to do some yo yo fishing well we set out the yoyos and started to catching catfish and run out of bait so I put a cigarette butt on a hook and caught one.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I guess the weirdest bait I ever caught a channel on was a Mepps spinner. I didn't think they would chase something like that.

7. Lawdog

Lawdog New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    This wasn't me but I heard of somebody who caught a nice 30+ blue in the Ohio river that coughed up a couple rats while in his live well. I guess rats might work in a pinch but I'm sticking to shad.

8. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I was fly fishing for smallmouths in the Illinois river in Oklahoma and caught a Channel on a Wooley Booger.

9. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We have a lake here on base that is so full of cats that they are pretty much starved. I actually use that kind of spinner to target the cats. I also catch bluegill and the occassional bass on it.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a guy pull in a 30# blue cat with one while he was crappie fishing.

10. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Cow tounge. Ya i know it it sounds wierd,but it works and it stays on the hook like its been glued on.