Whats the weirdest thing ever caught in the river

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by RiverBuggy4x4, Jan 26, 2009.

1. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The wierdest thing I ever caught was a tree stump at the IPL dam:smile2: Shane can back me up on that one

2. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    This last summer I caught a pair of underwear with line wrapped around it, pulled the line in and there was a broken Zebco on the end. :eek:oooh:

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    a broken line with a bobber and walley attached to it

4. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    Seen a few guys netting the wabash for a fish fry for a small church, when they drug in the nets there was this one small fish that was basically pale to white with a big black circle on it's tail and teeth sticking right out of it's mouth, never seen aything like it before or since but made me decide to never fall down if I was skiing the wabash. lol.

really an exotic looking fish they called it scissors mouth lol.

anybody ever seen one?
    wish I had a picture of it.

5. BigCatBrad

BigCatBrad New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It sounds alot like a bowfin. We have caught one on the wabash in covington like that.

6. BigCatBrad

BigCatBrad New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We were fishing flood waters on the wabash and I caught a mud puppy. I have never seen one so when I reeled it in I was caught off gaurd when the thing had feet.

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    A Star Wars light sabre kids toy...W

8. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    I wans caught a mink on a jitter bug bass fishin at night!

9. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    ive caught underwear, love gloves, buckets, shirts, a sock. now if i could only catch some pants and a hat i would have some sunday clothes to wear. i got people to back this story up. laid one of the love gloves in my buddy's tackle box. it still doesnt forgive me for that one.

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I guess my most awesome catch was a skillet.Now if I just catch the fish to put in it:roll_eyes:

11. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I've caught a couple of tires, a toliet seat, and sunglasses out of White River.

12. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    hey it was'nt far from covington it was over around the perrysville area and thanks for replying.

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I caught a lantern one time and it was still burning. LOL

14. Phoneman53

Phoneman53 New Member

State:
    Olivet, Kansas,
    Drifting mud flats and had a hook up...it fought like a fish going from side to side and I thought big flattie,,,,,,home made fluted anchor....(no wasn't tied to my boat)....still use it to this day...

a burning lantern...:confused2:

15. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I was fishing Lake Erie a couple years back with my dad. We were drifting for walleye and his pole doubled down. He reeled it in and it was a rod and reel. He picked it up and said "I think there is a fish on here" and then proceeded to reel in an 8 pound walleye on the 'new' rod and reel. We got a kick outa that.

This one wasn't me, but at the bait shop I always go to a couple guys came in with a piranha. They were fishing the Ohio River for bluegill when they caught it.

16. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Seen my brother (don't recall which one) catch a stringer with 7 great big drum on it. Lol he thought he had a real hog! :crazy:

17. nitemare_63

nitemare_63 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    last summer i hooked a massive snapping turtle for him to only let the hook go at the bank. well i was fishing a about a month later when i hooked a swivel and i could tell it was one that i use that i broke from what i thought was a snag earlier so i went to pull it in or try too and come to find out i had that same turtle. this time i had hooked him and i got him on the bank. i had no way of weighing him but i estimate him to be about 50lbs or so

18. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    heyop erator and I were out fishing one night and all of a sudden the line took of and the fight was on. After a five minute battle she reeled in a soft shelled turtle it was about 18" across and webbed feet, thats was a big surprize, never had a turtle that swam like a fish,threw it back

19. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    bout time someone on this board had some common sense and put a turtle back! i commend you for having the heart to put it back!

20. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    i was fishing on the great mississippi river and caught a auto tag before..man that was a fight..strange thing ..it was an alabama tag and thats where im from:eek:oooh: