Whats the "weirdest" bait you have used for catfishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Rajun_Cajun, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well i think it would just kinda of be funny just to see what has been the most unusual and most weird bait you have used. maybe you still use it to this day maybe not, but i think it would be fun to here what you fellas have to say. :004:

2. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    Big 2-3 inch bumble bees.

3. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i actually used a piece of cracklin(pork rind) and caught a small channel on it. i had been using skip jack for quite some time with no luck so as a goof i put the cracklin on the hook. a guy i work with told me that him and his son were fishing a small creek last year and his boy was wearing the cats out on pepperonis! guess i could start going to pizza hut to get bait.:p

4. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I have caught channels on rasins in ponds.

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I read an article awhile back that a man used a piece of his own heart that was saved from surgery he had. Nice cat too. Guess he really put his heart into that fish.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Say what?? a piece of his heart? I love catfishing too but still....

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    The heart thing is a little hard to believe,id have to see it to believe it.

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I hear ivory soap, spam and chicken livers spayed with WD40 works but have never tried any that way.

9. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    this is also ILLEGAL in most states, and it does harm the fish.
    But my weirdest bait would have to be using a piece of a channel cats guts. Had 1 or 2 runs but didnt get em. We were just goofing of while we were leaving the creek that we boated up and camped and was out of bait. So here we are about 3 miles paddled up creek and out of bait after about 18 hrs.

10. scuffy

scuffy New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I caught a 5# channel on spam cubes soaked in garlic powder.

Steve

11. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i only use gill or gold fish but i have seen some weird baits that people have used the weirdest or grosses thing i've ever seen was some guy using uspent womans product im sure you guys can fiqure it out they use them about 1 week a month being descreet for the kiddies

12. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    That reminds me of the time I used my womans afterbirth to try and land a monster flathead. I was so pissed off when I only caught a 10 pounder with that huge piece of bait. :p

I'm just messing around, I don't even have kids. But once I do...

Hope I didn't make anyone puke or anything.:p

13. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I seen an old fella using french fries and chicken nuggets before,and was catching cats on them.

14. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I caught them on parboiled potatoes and corn

15. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    We eat a lot of fresh swordfish and shark steaks here.I cut the hides away from the meat before grilling them.Save the hide strips and use them for channel cats.They work pretty good on most days , and because they are so tough they last for more than one fish.Not exactly matching the hatch, but the cats enjoy a seafood meal now and then.

BILL

16. torment_hack

torment_hack New Member

State:
    california
    I go to the bathroom in a little jar and set it out in the sun for a few days...then put it on a loopers rig...the cats love the real stink bait;)

17. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    saw a guy in Illinois use wallpaper paste that came in a tube and mixed it with wheat germ and flour. made a dough ball. was outcatching everyone around.

18. cannady4

cannady4 New Member

State:
    il
    I got a 9 pound channel on Rainens. Ran out of bait, and was not ready to give up fishing, so i did what I thought was a real stupid idea, Yellow raisnens. I took like three hours, and they were hungry but it did pay off. That was in a small farm pond

19. suddawg

suddawg New Member

A chunk of ivory soap. It worked once, and only once.

SudDawg

20. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I waved my Visa card in front of the seafood display at the fresh market, and got some dandy catfish filets.:D