What's the weather like

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by katfish ken, Jan 27, 2009.

1. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Here are some pics of what the weather is like here. ICE:crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Hope you all don't lose power, looks bad!:crazy:
    Its the opposite here now, about 5" of snow, ice underneath and changed over to freezing rain again. I'll get some pics here in a bit. I'd love to be sleigh riding!!!:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::wink::smile2:
    Thanks for sharing the pics!!!:wink::cool2:

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    That Don't look Good Ken !!! I sure all you folks keep the power going.I have a feeling it Ain't going to be Good.God Bless and stay Safe,Your Iowa Brother,J.D.

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Here is one more pics. If it gets as cold as they say tonight,in the morning will be when things get real hairy. Wife came home from work and said there was limbs laying on the roads and there was one tree that was almost on the power line. I took the Rubicon down to the foot of the hill and got the wife so the truck would at least be off the hill.

Attached Files:

5. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    our weather looks about like ours a sheet of iceone half inch thick thetrmprature is 19 deg wind about 15 or 20 mi. per. hr. I me froze up. by the way iam in Knox City tex. thanks Sam Davis

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    John
    It is raining here and I hope we don't loose power too. A few years ago in the early 90's for 8 days and we managed just fine. We heat with a insert and if the power goes off we open the doors on the insert and still have heat. If the power goes we just turn the house into a camping area with Coleman stove, lanterns,cots sleeping bags and such. Pennie said she enjoyed the times we camp out right here in the house.

7. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Looks like we have five or six inches of snow,the road is still passable for the brave as the mail has run.When I get up the nerve to venture outside will get some pictures.
    Jake

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    The electricity has been flicking on and off at times here so I figure it will bite the dust before the night is over. Still raining and the Icicles are getting longer on stuff power lines included.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    We still have 5+" of snow and everything is coated with ice here and its still coming down a steady freezing rain. They said .5"-1.0" of ice and 2-4" of snow still left for us, long ways to go!!! Our road has been plowed twice but is still covered with snow & ice. Power is still on, hope it stays!
    Pic shows what we got accomplished today...:roll_eyes::wink::smile2::cool2:

First Snowman 015res.jpg

10. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    that reminds me of someone?:cool2:

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Heard on the weather channel 20,000 w/o power in Paducca. 60,000 state wide.

12. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    3 pm. this afternoon with freezing rain-sleet.
    Jake 1-27-09 003b.jpg

1-27-09 004b.jpg

13. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Talked to the wife and she said we are forecast to get half inch or so of ice tonight. I leave Deadhorse Alaska tommorrow to come home. It is -30 with a wind chill of -60 below right now. Looking forward to getting home and having a fire in the fireplace.

14. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    its pretty bad in this neck of the woods,the ice is awful,our power has flickered a few times already i guess its a good thing i have a fire place huh?
    Man i hate winter,i absolutely hate it.I want to get out and go fishing so bad i could scream.

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The freezing rain is still coming down here. Supposed to keep up till tomorrow afternoon then switch to snow and get 2-4" more snow. Hope the power stays on. I talked to Danny earlier and Ken lost power earlier. Saw on the news it may be late tomorrow night or Thursday before they get it back. Pretty bad storm here...Pretty but bad...:confused2:

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    We survived the storm with our power still on. Ken is still without power and may be for a while. Looks like we've got another bad one coming the beginning of next week...Is it Spring yet???

17. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Power back on at 5 pm. after being out 46 hours.
    Jake

18. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Well my power did end up going off and it just came on sometime last night:sad2:

19. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    here in evansville indiana ...we had 60,000 without power for a couple of days .. i still dont have power they had to shut my gas off and water too hopefully that comes back on soon. been out of electric since tuesday at 6pm and they are saying maybe wed. or thurs. at the earliest for power to be fully restored in the city limits.

20. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    heck here we still have 122,000 still without power here im surprised mine came on so quick.