Whats the toughest body of water in SC?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Dec 29, 2006.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    What body of water do you have the most trouble with, lake or river? The one that aggrivates me the most is the Cooper river.What are some of yalls?

2. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Even though i did much better this year The big Mon is still one of my toughest. Hope To do much better this year.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Monticello is really tough but somedays its the greatest lake out there. Monty has some rough winds that are hard to fish.

4. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    so far it is hartwell I love the cooper river. Go up to where they release warm water at dupont use to catch 20 lbers up the all the time. Also caught some huge gar up there they always gave a fun fight.
    stephen

5. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Chris, I've not fished all the waters in South Carolina, But until this day the cooper river has kicked my behind, Almost sunk my boat there once after dark.

6. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    2 for the Cooper, 2 for Monticello and 1 for Hartwell.Keep em comin.

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I have trouble in the lower Black and Waccamaw Rivers around here.

Actually, almost any body of water I happen to be fishing could qualify on any given day. :big_smile:

8. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    big monty seems to kick my butt the majority of the time i go there!! have a great catfish new year eveyone!!!!

9. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    i dont really have one that is extremely tough,they all can be at times,if i had to pick one i would say Marion,just because i dont get to make as many trips there as i would like and the lake is so big its hard to pattern no more than i go,i generally have to rely on info provided by someone that has done well recently

10. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Hartwell is really tough for me... I have fished the cooper and busted some big ones too.

11. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Hartwell is the one lake that I have fished the most this year, about 8 times or so, and I have been skunked 5 times. Plus, I'm always getting hung up in trees when I drift. So not only do I not catch fish there, it costs me several $$ in lost tackle. So I vote for Hartwell.

12. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Lake Marion can be real tough and intimidating. Fish usually bite well but you cannot relax too much there because of the stumps and weather changes. I love to fish it but I always feel fortunate to leave without prop damage or worse.

13. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    The upstate Pee Dee River.You can kill em' one day & not catch anymore for weeks.The Cooper River will be #2 on my list-too much clear water & grass.It also is very featureless in my book.

14. I would have to say Mont. also i have had more big ol fat zero's there then any other body of water i fish. But when it is on it is great.

15. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I would say monticello for me. That's the only place so far that I thought I might actually sink my boat (and possible drown) before I could make it back to the ramp. The fishing is either on or off, but the wind moves it to the top of the list for me.

16. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Well it appears that Monticello is the toughest body of water.Alot of people thats not on here says that too.

17. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I would have to deffinately say the lower lake(Moultrie) I never have quite got down that drift fishing and it is most certinately the best way to fish it. Im just a river rat so if I ever catch something without being tied up or anchored out it amazes me. I can usually hold my own in the upper lake though probably should fish the lower more and would probabally figure it out, but for now it has me figured out. LOL