Whats the temps on Truman/ LOZ

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by STICKBENDER, Feb 12, 2007.

1. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have a trip planned with Steve Brown this weekend, what can I expect for temps. We saw our fist day above freezing this month here yesterday. Trying to figure out how to dress, I know he has enclosure but I want to concentrate on learning as much as possible and not on staying warm.:smile2:

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Don't worry about the outside temperature. You'll be plenty warm in Steve's boat. I'd wear some long johns and a coule layers of warm fleece, but don't be surprised when you get too hot and start taking layers off.

I'd be more worried about whether the lake is iced over too much - I don't think there's been a lot of fishing down there in the last few weeks...

3. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The temps Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are supposed to be really cold, but the weekend is supposed to warm up quite a bit. Mid 40s for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It's supposed to get even warmer (mid 50s) for the beginning of the week.

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
  5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    My trip for 2/9 was cancelled.

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    The main lake above the dam is still open. With the coves and back water iced.
    Below the dam has a thin ice cover but if they release water it will probably be gone.

7. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A couple of sites that may be of some use for Truman/LOZ:
    http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/cgi-bin/daily.pl?site_name=truman
    Gives information about surface water temp of Truman near the dam and what kind of conditions existed at 9 am. Of special interest, it tells how much water was being released from the dam.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/mo/nwis/uv/?site_no=06922500&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060
    This site gives a bit more information about the water levels of LOZ at Warsaw. If you look at the trends it can give you an idea of how much water they have been releasing in the last month.