WHATS THE STRANGEST THING THATS HAPPEND TO YOU WHILE NIGHT FISHING

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by slikk03, Sep 20, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    IM A NIGHT FISHING FOOL, OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS IVE REALY BEEN A DIE HARD, I FISH ALL OVER, IVE HAD MANY NIGHTS WERE I THOGHT IM NOT GOING TO MAKE IT BACK ALIVE , IVE HAD CRAZY PEOPLE APPROCH ME , FELL IN THE WATER, SEEN WEIRD THINGS IN THE SKY,,,,,,, SO SHARE YOUR CRAZEST MOMENTS , IT GIVES ME STORYS TO TELL,

2. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Saw a meteor scrape upper atmosphere once. Then , one night , a teen pushed his mother into the water , but nothing really strange as of yet.

3. festus

festus New Member

When I was in my early 30's, two friends and I were night fishing on Watts Bar Lake. We had been drinking beer heavily, and piled our cans into one spot to take out in the morning. About 2:00 am we heard something walking up the trail and noticed it was a game warden. He checked all our licenses, we were all legal, and the officer just stood there smiling. One of my friends asked something like, "Well, are we in trouble for drinking beer?" He said something like, "No, as long as you give me one." Then he looked awfully familiar, I asked him his name, and it was one of my old high school buddies. He had been sort of a "hippie" in school, and had turned his life around, went to college, cut his hair and shaved, and became a TWRA officer. He sat with us the remainder of the night and drank a few more, it was unusual partying with "the fuzz.":big_smile:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    We were using cut shad for bait.When we would cut it up and discard the pieces we were not going to use, we had coons fighting over the shad. Not to exciting but different.

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Fishing on a small creek where the holes are 30-70 foot long on average and maybe 12 feet deep, we had one section that was more like a regular river if that makes any sense..it stayed abotu 50 feet across and was almost 2 miles long and had a few 15-18 foot holes in it. i was seining bait at the end of that section wehre it was a solid rock bottom and maybe 6 or 8 inches deep and noticed the water went from clear to muddy pretty fast and was rising REALLY FAST lol i moved to a safer place to "over see" and i guess a flash flood a good ways north of me had happened..we didnt get a cloud but the water rose probably 8 feet in 30 minutes. it was amazing the crap i saw coem floating through the lil creek. im sure you big river guys see on a daily basis but it was definantly odd for this area

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i was out at lake,fishing at 2 am, this guy and his ol lady pulled up and well, they uhhh,lol and we were drinking and i fell in the water, later on i stuck my hand in a wire basket and grabed a vtper, i almost had a heart attack, the rest is to crazy to tell on here lol:smile2:

7. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    all in one night i had a bat attack something on my head, the tip of my pole, and almost tangle my line. after that was said and done, i saw about twelve shooting stars and one i thought was a star, only it dropped, blinked out, and reappeared goin to the right of where i was facing. it was way out there, but it was movin a good bit faster than a plane. its why i love night fishin. nothin too weird yet, but just enough to keep me interested in goin back.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I was fishin a few weeks a go when I noticed two OLD guys walking around the shore. I didn't pay much mind to them really, often folks walk the shore looking for arrow heads. Well awhile later one of them walks up and starts socializing with me. He seemed pretty cool but then out of the blue he tells me he was tryin to score some oral sex from the other OLD guy.

I didn't know if I should run or puke...maybe both. Then all of a sudden my pit knew something was wrong with me and decided to draw out to the end of his chain and went off, growling and pulling.... my pit don't play . Scared the hell out of that old guy and he took off.

Guess he was lookin for more than arrow heads out there. Now every time I got to the ramp I look at people and think they are gay too...Ive been traumatized !!!!!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  9. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ive had some crazy stuff happen to me one night i was fishing and a snake a rather large snake at that swims up and attacks a cat that i had on my stringer. it was crazy. then that same night i here a splash in the water and can just make out something rather large in the water swimming towards the bank way bigger than any beaver or muskrat i have ever seen. well as soon as it hits the shore it takes of running towards the lantrn and myself. i jumped bigger than sh*t and grabbed my pistol and as soon as it got within about 9' of the lantern and myself i could see it was a fawn. scared the crap out of me all i could see was a black mass get on the bank and take off torwards me and then as soon as it got close enuff i could breath easy knowing i didn;t have to kill something for me being on his turf lmao:smile2:

10. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    LMAO

11. Widemouth

Widemouth New Member

State:
    Arizona
    My son and I were out hunting flatties from a river bank that dropped off pretty steep, with a lot of low lying brush near the river's edge. There wasn't a spot to be found where you could dangle a foot in the water. We were pretty much reaching over top of the brush, while we pulled them in like dead weight; hanging by the hook from the ends of the heaviest fishing poles we had. No net or gaffinig possible.

Well, about the time that I was going back up the bank for a cold one, my son hooks up with a 17 pounder. The flattie makes a bee-line for some cover about 5 feet in front of him, and wraps itself up good. My son is yanking that cat for all he's worth, while I'm cheering him on from about 20 feet up the bank. I look up from the cooler to see a17 pound flying catfish heading straight for my head. I managed somehow, in the moonlight, to duck out of the way of the 5 oz slip sinker, and those big fat flattie lips and glowing eyes passed right by my left ear. But danged if that flattie didn't think he was swimming! So he wacks me between the eyes with a swing of his tail, and hits the base of my bait bucket, some 3 feet behind me. I swear that flattie was grinning...when most of the contents of my bait bucket went flying into the air. Water and bluegills everywhere! That flathead, with a hook and line still in place, caught one of those gills in mid air and gulped it down for a midnight snack.

12. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Dale,,, LOL, I'd like to see that video!!!:smile2:

And,,, Welcome to the BOC!!

13. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I love night fishing and I almost always fish alone. I've had a lot of strange things happen.
    One of the worst was a night when I had a feeling it was gonna storm. I had my bird dog with me and he was acting nervous like a storm was coming. I was fishing Lake James at the powerhouse intake and it was high summer. Now James was made by damming 2 rivers and one of those is the Linville. The Linville drops over the falls and runs 13 or so miles I think it is through a gorge before it runs into the lake and our thunderstorms almost always come down that gorge so I keep looking up that way and black sky and bowsands of stars are all I can see.

Around 1 in the morning there is a blinding flash of light and a lightening bolt hits the microwave tower maybe 100 feet from me. THe dog is cutting cartwheels and I am dragging up anchors.This storm came up the river !. I forgot to add that I was working on my 40 hp motor so all I had on my 15 and 1/2 foot tri-hull was a 7.5 hp gamefisher. I pulled the rope about 3 times and it fires up. Now we are in business !

It might be a mile back to the boat launch. So around the powerhouse and up the lake I go at little better than walking speed. I won't say how many times lightening hit on that short trip but lets just say it was a bunch. It hit the water within a rocks throw of me a number of times and once so close that I could see way way down in the 125 foot deep water and it seemed to glow like the green in the old monocrome computer monitors. By now the rain was so bad I could hardly see and I looked for it to turn to hail any second as it often does in one of these microburst storms. The wind got stronger and stronger and the waves got so large that I was starting to fear that we would be turned over. A gust of wind hit us head on that was so strong that my poor old dog was pushed from the fishing platform and right down the center of the boat to my feet on the wet fiberglass with his nails digging. Now we had passed the riprap of the dam and there was a rock bank with trees on top and the lightening hit a number of them as we went.
    When we made it to the boat launch it had hardly rained there. More a mist than a rain so I take the dog and go get the car. I drive down and turn around to back in but the back window is cloudy from mist so I jump out and take my hand and start wiping the fog from the back glass but when I get to the middle, I feel like something bite my hand. There are a number of people there waiting to load boats and one woman is standing beside me. I raise my hand toward the street light and the woman screams. There is a piece of glass from a flourescent bulb sticking out of the heal of my palm. I pull it out and it was like 1/3rd of the bulb around and a good inch deep and when I pull it out the woman about passes out and the blood flies..
    By now there are a good number of people there. Campers run in by the storm etc. They offered to load my boat etc but I just tookof my tee shirt and tied my hand and loaded and headed home.

Someone from the bait shop had thrown a bulb into the trash dumpster I happened to be parked beside. It had hit the side and busted and a piece had landed on my rear window and stuck in the flashing.

And to beat all, I didn't catch any fish as I recall !