Whats the smell on the GMR??

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    thats easy, it smells like a big skunk and it looks like me, :confused2: Took the Smurf boat out and hit the West Carrolton pool for 2.5 hrs tonight to test the boat, ( worked great which suprised me) so that was a bonus and I gigured Id fish while I was there, used frozen Shad and fished the usual holes, Jacks Hole, Dinks Lair, Mellons Snag, etc? and not a dern hit, heck even the turtles were barely nibbling the baits where I wouldnt even see the rods tap tap tap, but the bait would be chewed to hell,

On ANOTHER NOTE, the wakeboarders and jet slkiers and water skiers were out in full force, I was above the upper ramp and saw barefoot skiers running at 40 mph in 2 ft of water!!!! They about swamped my boat a few times and never even acknowledged I was there, all the while blasting rap music on the overhead speakers for everyone within 5 miles could hear it. Had 2 of them pass me at the same time, different directions while I was anchored in Jacks Hole and that caused all sorts of excitement on the S.S. Smurf, to quote Dink from his experience there a few months back, " I was looking for anything that floats and was holding on", Im gonna make a formal complaint to the several folks I know at Miami Conservancy District and see if the upper half of that pool can be no wake , and even so with the UD Crew out there, I think we might be able to pull it off. Ill keep everyone up to speed if anything comes out of that.

Water was low and tons of skunky, muck floating on the surface to dirty the boat. Water was 82-83 degrees, we need some more rain now folks, or several cooler nights, the evening pattern has shut down, best bet is after dark

Salmonid

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Better luck next time, dont feel bad.

Dillon Smells....
    Deer Creek Smells....
    Hargus Smells...
    GMR Smells.....
    Big Walnut Smells....
    Scioto Smells....
    Big Darby Smells.....
    Buckeye Lake Smells....

All because of me, LMAO.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I almost three an 8 oz sinker at a baot once, Jack was w/ me & I think I scared him a little. :big_smile: Thank God Fall is around the corner and thise Arseholes usually slow down.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mark, i'd bet if we would get some guys from the ohio forum that fish there, the rowers, and that local bass club that has tourneys there on wednesdays to complain about how those idiots are darn near sinking boats then it might get posted! i have no problem with someone enjoying what they do and sharing the water, but i do with folks with no respect!:angry: i go out of my way to give plenty of room and minimize my wake to everyone in that pool wheather it be rowers, boat fishermen, bank fishermen, or kayakers.

5. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    I agree jetski riders must die lol, it was the same on the ohio over the weekend I'm the first guy to say live and let live everyone has their right to use the water but it sure seems that a lot of those guys just dont respect anyone else on the water when they are out there

6. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    I tried to go to alum creek this weekend, couldn't even fish with the wake...gave up on it. I am on the market for a smaller motor now so I can fish hoover. I figure 85hp on an aluminum boat is a bit much anyway so I will try to trade that in on something more reasonable. I was running 42 or so out there. got to the docks and couldn't get my engine up again....checked her out and had old plugs in it. The guy told me to change them when I bought her but I forgot. Got em changed today but had no time to muff it and run her so will do tomorrow. funny thing is the jet ski idiots hate us like we hate them. I think it would be easiest to just get a bunch of us and anchor down in random positions so to disrupt their ability to ski and stuff if they are jerks like that.

7. akilliss

akilliss New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio
    man there were some people out in about a 20+ foot cudy one evening and i was in a 12 foot shallow john and they filled my boat full of water. as i was docking at east river road. i called metro parks and they said it was moraines problem. but i dang near lost my old boat cause of nut cases so i feel forya. if ya need my to help with the complaints i will. moraine told me there wasnothing to do about it. this was 2 years ago but see it happens often. we might as well call it the great ceasers creek river. cause its gettin as dangerous as that place for slow fisherman in small boats

8. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio

Lets meet up and hit the water some time together. I need to get out that way and pick some catalpas up anyway and wouldn't mind running the boat out there. I can make a good wake on my boat too so the skiers won't win too much. Real easy to show them fishermen don't wanna be disrespected either. They sure make a point at some places of letting fishermen know they don't want them in the water!

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Dude, my catalpas only lasted about 7-8 days, havent seen one in over a week now and my trees never had very many, I noticed another tree onthe property an every leaf on it was intact...... not good, maybe next year...

Salmonid

10. akilliss

akilliss New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio
    freez em guys just like ya do fish