Whats the record for Lake Hartwell ?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JimmyJonny, May 30, 2009.

1. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Does anyone know what the records are on Hartwell for channels, blues, and flats ? Is there even a place to look or register fish ? or is this kept track among local fishermen ?

Thanks
    -Jim-

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jim, the SCDNR has a list of records on their website, but they are for the state as a whole, they don't maintain records for separate bodies of water.

3. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Jimmy I dont think there are lake records, you hear people say that they have a lake record but that is there opinion because unless you know everyone that fishes a lake it would be impossible to know unless there were records kept. I saw a 70 lb plus blue at the bait shop one day that was caught by a striper fisherman on the tugaloo side of the lake and I have heard of several 50 to 60 lb flatties being caught. I saw a 54 lb flattie caught at twins lakes bout 2 weeks ago. it was caught from the bank on a bream head. I got a pic of it if I can find it I will post it.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....Does anyone know what the records are on Hartwell for channels, blues, and flats?...."

There are no official lake records in NC or SC. "Lake records" are more legend and lore than anything else.

Big fish don't go unseen. If a whopper is caught at the least it will be photographed, and other folks will see it as it is shown off.

Of course the weights do seem to "grow", especially among anglers who don't have scales large enough to weigh big fish.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have scales big enough and mine still seem to grow everytime I tell a story. I wonder what thats all about.:roll_eyes::smile2:

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Heck,Who needs scales:confused2:,just do like that guy that claims to have the Wateree record:crazy:just catch a fish and then count the number of beers you have drank and that number will equal the New Lake Record of 78.3 lbs:smile2::smile2::smile2:How hard is that:cool2:

7. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    now that is funny i don't care who you are :big_smile::smile2:

8. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Actually you could get a lake record for Georgia fishing Hartwell. The lake records are:
    Blue Catfish 30 lbs 8 ozs Melvin Wall 6/26/03

Flathead 43lbs 8ozs Red Duncan 7/28/03

No Channel yet

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Hey Larry...when we goin to Georgia, LOL ? I'll be the net man and I wont even beat the fish in the head with the net like you did,,,,,hahahahahahaha.

-Jim-

And yes...he did that to me at Clarks Hill...funniest thing I've ever seen...but we did get em in the net ; )

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....catch a fish and then count the number of beers you have drank and that number will equal the New Lake Record of 78.3 lbs...."

:tounge_out::smile2::eek:oooh:

...and all this time I thought it was his IQ!!!!! :crazy: