whats the hardest meanest catfish to fight

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by slikk03, Jun 21, 2009.

the meanest hardest fighting catfish

1. bluecat

2. flathead

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    the blue or the flathead

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i left the channel out, due to the size they dont get big like the others, i knew that would be asked so , i figerd id say why i left it out, but if you want to comment on it being the badest go ahead, but they are not the brutes, this is a battle of the big boys

3. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Flatheads hands down for me...Sheer power...I've had them flatty's just sit on my line and not be able to move them a budge..There all good fighters though...

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    This is a hard question to answer......I have caught a 67.2 lb flathead in 4-6 foot of water and he fought pretty dang hard.....but I caught a 47.9 lb Bluecat in about 30 feet of water with swift current and I believe he fought harder actually. Both the flathead and the bluecats put up a heck of a fight especially after they top 40 or 50 lbs. Under the same conditions it would be a hard call to make....I think.:wink:

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I wish I had something to compare!We don,t have any blues here in PA.(don,t rub it in again John)lol.I gotta go with the flats for that reason.

6. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i had to vote for flatheads, but thats cause we don't have blue cats in PA:sad2:

7. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    same here, i think the closest blues are in the ohio river. never faught one, shane

8. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Lb. for lb., I had to go with the flathead for the overall fight, but big blues hit like a freight train.

9. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know pulling in #50 blues from the bank is a quite an experience and it is a fight to the bitter end. I have never caught a flat head out of the river,so I cannot comment on the fight. But I will agree with the previous post, that big blues do hit like a freight train. I see people all the time with their rods resting on sticks or on a piece of drift wood. I guarantee I would be minus 3 or 4 rigs if I did that.

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    A 25lb channel cat will rule a 25lb flat or blue anyday!

11. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Thats hard to say so I did'nt vote have caught both in the same size range and both put up a heck of a fight.

12. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    You guys in PA are just out of luck. We have all three here in Okla.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: I voted for the blue, they seem to put harder longer.

13. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    for me the flathead are the brutes, Ive caught a 20 lb flat that put up a bigger fight than a 40 lb blue. It may just be the indavidual fish. but The flathead seemed more agressive. They seem to me like they roll and twist harder and faster. This is just an opinion.

14. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well this poll hasent got many vots to find out, to me a blue is harder becouse there deeper and thrash around but ive only caght 2 15 pounders

15. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i seen blues in a tank with flatheads and the blues dont come near them,so i dont know

16. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    If you tied a 40 pound flathead to a 40 pound blue, the flathead would drag the blue around all day long.

17. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    im glad i started this poll i hope everyone votes, im just dieing to know, id like to see a flathead fight a blue in a tank to see what wins

18. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    That is the way it is where I fish. A blue and a flat will hold there ground and not budge. A channel of the same weight will run all over the place like a wiper. Once you get over 40 pounds though, then it is between a blue and a flathead. A blue never gives up.

19. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    flats do give up, i agree, but thats, alot due to the blues habitate deep heavy current, i caght a 15 pound blue, and a 15 pound flat, the flat is harder to get in the first part but gives at the bank a blues fight, is at the bank, , but a blue rarley snags you, alot of varibles, thanks for your awnsers

20. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I consider the flathead a much stonger fisght thab a blue.

You could tie the tail of a 40-lb flat to a 40-lb blue, the flat would tow him around all day not even knowing he is there.

You have made severl post saying flatheads are lazy, and give up..I disagree 100 percent.