What's The Funniest Fishing Lie You Have Ever Heard?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Feb 23, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What's some of the funniest fishing lies you have been told by someone, or maybe its a story. I have ran into some real good ones myself over the years. They always make you laugh, but also make you wonder about these people!:smile2::wink: rollo

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was once told by a guy on the river that he caught one the night before so big, that they had to open the dams up because the water table dropped 4 ft. after he landed it!:smile2:

I had another fellow tell me one night he caught a 78 pound flathead on jelly beans.. Only the purple ones! He said!!!! I asked him if he got it weighed because that was close to a new state record. His face dropped, and he claimed he caught a larger one the week before he let go!! LMAO :roll_eyes: rollo

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
  4. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

The biggest lie ive heard is Rollo saying he catches fish!!!!!LOL just kidding man,

Me and smokin Joe one night was fishing a river that we normally fish, ran into one of those guys we call "know it alls" he was telling us that the "lake" we were fishing had no flatheads in it!!!! HA we were in a dam river not a lake and we had 3 flatheads in the live well!!!!! (flatheads were in live well for pics only you, can exhale now) but yeah dude tried telling us we were in a lake with no flathead in it, joe replied back with this is one hell of a long lake and these must be really Fn big channels then!!!!LOL
    Had a guy this year ice fihsng tell me he use to catch 2 foot long yellow perch all the time in a little inland lake that i fish quite often, but of corse that was years ago when the fishing was good in that lake!!!!!
    I love these people!!! honestly i can listen to that crap all night long, i always try and keep em going see how far they will strech it! its great fun.... good topic though Rollo this should get interesting thats for sure...

5. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Sorry my wife ate my fish!!

6. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

Or hey even better yet the new flathead world record!!!!!! theres a good one

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    my uncle and i were gigging out of a 12 foot john boat one nite and all of a sudden i saw the eye and part of a flatheads head so i told unk to ease up i had a good shot and he hollars out omg dont gig it its other eye is on my side of the boat.

8. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I've never met a fisherman that was a liar.. Now that is a good lie.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Your not one of those.....lol:wink::smile2: rollo

10. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    I was at this huge pay lake and this guy said he caught a 130lb channel cat on a kane pole and a peice of corn......:smile2:ROFL!!!!!:smile2:.........RAT

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope he was drunk Rat...rollo:eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

12. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    it was an old man who ductaped a mitchell spinning real to a kane pole!!!!........RAT

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I don't know about Ohio, but in Indiana and Pennsylvania, many guys sitting on the bank in the lawnchair have told me stories of the 60 and 70lb carp:crazy::eek:oooh:. Carp may get in the 20's, 30's, and 40's, but in the US 50 and even 60lbs are as rare as a 90lb flathead.

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I don't know about Ohio, but in Indiana and Pennsylvania, many guys sitting on the bank in the lawnchair have told me stories of the 60 and 70lb carp:crazy::eek:oooh:. Carp may get in the 20's, 30's, and 40's, but in the US 50 and even 60lbs are as rare as a 90lb flathead.

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Here on the Skuke, people catch 20lbers and claim they are 50lbers.

16. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    How many has been told by Googans stories of 60 and 70lb carp?

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    What is the difference between a hunter and a fisherman?

A hunter lies in wait and a fisherman waits and lies :smile2:.

19. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We have this old hillbilly at work who is a perpetual liar. He will sit and talk your ear off and you can only ever believe about 3 words of what he says, most of the time he tells stories about his life which are actually movies that he has recently watched. Well he told me one day that he and his nephew were fishing on Lake Erie and they caught their limit of walleye in 35 minutes, 12 fish in total weighing in at a whopping 292lbs. This was only a few days after he told me a story about one time he was on his way to go coon hunting and he was passing down this stone road and a coon ran in front of his truck and it was so big it stood taller then the hood of his F250, I said bill that wasn't a coon that was a bear! lol

20. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    My old pap told me he caught a flathead that was so big the picture of it weighed 8 pounds