Whats the difference?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by renji2476, Jun 18, 2008.

1. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I am relatively new to catfishing so I am going to ask as question and please feel free to laugh, but what the hell is the difference between punch bait and dip bait? Isn't it the same thing?!!?! Man, I'm soooo confused:tounge_out::embarassed::tounge_out:!!! Can some one help a brother out?!?!?:smile2:

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I do not use either one but I think there the same , anway welcome to the BOC I hope u will enjoy it as m uch as I have:big_smile:

3. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    My understanding is punch bait is more like dough, it will stick by itself on the treble hook when you "punch" it into the bait. Dip bait is stuff you "dip" another someting into, like the trebles with the sponges, etc...

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Bill is correct, one generally has a fiber content (Punch bait) and the other is thinner to be absorbed into something like a sponge.

5. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    In texas if you like channel cats just try it at Tawakoni. I've even caught some big blues on DK with a #8 treble and free wheel my spool, let them run for "ever" (the bite will be so soft if had spool locked you wouldnt feel it just watch the line go out and set the hook like a bass. if they feel a little drag they will drop it. DK and a little chum will make you look a guide. and probably saved a guide or too. Catman what do you use in bama?

6. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I second that. tawakoni seems to be the exception when it comes to DK. Even now when the fish are deeper, we caught them up in the cove on Dk blood all day saturday. I haven't tried dip baits, but I will soon. I just don't see how they stay on the sponge, or tube, or dipworm. Maybe some suggestions.