What's the difference?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by kmcalester, Jan 22, 2008.

1. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Punch, dip, cheese, soap, and stinkbait?

I grew up always using night crawlers and maybe hot dogs. I just started this past summer using the stinkbaits to catch fish. What's the difference in what the big three will come after?

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    those are for the most part channel cat bait or bullhead bait,you might catch a flattie or blue on it every once in awhile.But the great big trophy cats probably wont mess with it.

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've always used live Bluegil or shiners or shad for flatheads.
    I've always used cutbait of skipjack or bluegil heads for Bluecats
    I've always used cutbait or chicken livers for Channelcats. Many people use many different baits for fishing. I always stick to what works for me.:crazy:

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Your best bet is to catch some fresh shad. You will have to ask someone local if you have mooneye or skipjack in your area. I think you have mooneye but not sure. If your after flatheads use live perch.
    That being said on the days that those baits are not working our go to stink bait is Danny Kings punch bait for blues and channels.

5. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Mostly that will work for channels, and some blues will hit to. For blues and flatties use cut skipjack and shad, and live bait for the bigguns.

6. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    In my experience all the pre-manufactured baits only work with the small cats. You will get alot of action but nothing of anysize. Like I said, just my experience. I like to use cut and live bait.

7. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I just got into live bait.