WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE IN THE AMBASSADEUR 6000 & 6500

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by tnkatman, Nov 16, 2005.

1. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Can Anyone Tell Me What The Diff. Between The Abu Garcia Ambass. 6000 & 6500 ? I'm Going To Be Putting It On A 7" Ugly Stik. I've Never Used Either & I'm Wondering What Their Diffs. Are. I'll Be Using This Rod For Circle Hook Fishing & I'm Wondering If This Will Be A Good Combo ? Any Suggestions Are Appreciated.

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My combo is a 6500 C3 and a catfish ugly stik!

3. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I read on another place in here that said the difference was the 6000 that I have two off on 7' Berkley rods has bushings, the 6500 has bearings. I love mine and am going to get a couple more of them. Hope this helps. Dick

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I do believe the 6000 has one bearing and one bushing on the spool, and a different clicker mechanisim.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love the 6000's & get them reconditoned from a guy on EBay for as low as $26. I think I've owned over 10 Abu 6000's.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think I've paid int he $50 range for the majority of mine. I've found out that I like them just as good as 6500's.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    after aquiring my first 6000 today from mellon i also noticed the guts although very similer fit togather a bit different. the silver metal peice shown in 4th post 4th pic down
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3049
    in the 6500 goes over the other ones. in the 6000 it goes under all them. that and yes your correct. the retrieve side of spool has a bearing and the clicker gear side has a copper or brass bushing.
    same link 2nd post pic 4-5 shows the two bearings from either side of a 6500.