whats the deal

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by tallmanrus, May 23, 2008.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Ok all , went to the river today and yesterday and caught three small channels under 3 lbs . My dept finder is marking fish everywhere , between 15- 40 ft . mostly on the bottom.
    We used liver one day and schad today ,no luck . The bottom is nothing but a sandy bottom with hills and drop offs . They run the barges and load them in this area . Should be an awsome location . They load feed on barges in one area and the fish are laying on the bottom everywhere . Or so the dept finder shows . I know this spot to be good from talking to the locals . so im doing something wrong . Ive never fished the area at night yet and skips are hard to come by . So any tips would be accepted and appreciated :big_smile: -thanks brothers and sisters
    ....................Robert

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Tall you just got to have a patience.. and persistence. I think you are doing things pretty much right just the weather has finally turned down here and they may have started bedding up and spawning.

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Robert - Have to work something out and go try to catch some sometime. I have not been on here much. I have had too much going on with the family. My mother is about to be moved from St. Vincent infirmary into a nursing home. Want to bring her home- but no way for me to work and take care of her, and trisha is unable to. Between taking care of mom, trisha, and helping my sister to manage her finances and my mom's, plus taking care of my family needs - I have way to much on my shoulders. It is taking a toll on me mentallly and physically, not to count financially. I have been in a state of depression and am just mentally tired. Then I came down sick thursday night and am trying to recoup from it. I really need to get away and do some fishing, but can't afford to pull out of the yard to go anywhere except to work and back!!!

Also been trying to tie up loose ends concerning the family estate, so that if she has to be in a facility long term, then they can't take everything that my family and ancestors has worked for to compesate for the bills if she/we are unable to pay them.

But hopefully it will turn around for me before long. All I can do is hope and pray that things get better for me!!! Then maybe we can hook up and try to catch some of them cats laying on the bottom!!!! Just need you and the rest of the Brothers and sisters to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. And any help in the way of advice or anything else is always appreciated!!!! I apologize if I got carried away with this post! I know I should'nt be laying my burdens at the Brothers and Sister's feet!

4. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    is your locator a color locator? if it is, catfish, they will show up yellow. if you don't have a color locator you could be looking at carp/buffalo. on a color locator they show up red/and or blue.

5. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Randy no i dont have a color finder , but have talked to others and they say they are cats ,90 % of them . the river is at 107,000 still and was told it needs to be 65-70 , 000 for the cats to really turn on . im still learning the area and hopefully will know more later . Newt you just hold on in there you are in our prayers and thoughts . Regina and i went through the same thing with her mom , and its not easy . Reginas mom lived with us for over a year and she was in a wheelchair 24-7 . but we got through it and you and trish will to ! Kev i am learning patience but i can wait them out . theres just so many laying down there . Ok i promised Newt i wouldnt say anything but here it goes, the area im talking about they load barges with feed and corn . the cats just lay around and get fat . I'll figure out what they like and when and when i do you all will know it :smile2: ,Thanks for the help all,,,,,,,,got kinda typing happy sorry ------------------------ Robert