whats the deal?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Steven Armstrong, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i`ve been checking out used boats here on boc, boat trader and other sites. when i find one i like i check the value on nada boats, i find that on most cases nada will value most boats at around half of what most boats are listed for. whats the deal? you can clearly see market prices but nada falls short of the market. how do the banks set their lending price? market or nada?

2. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Check Craigslist too, usually some better deals on Boats there. IMO.:cool2:

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    A used boat aint worth much more then the motor mounted to it is and the trailer it sits on.

NADA is being realistic while the boat owner is just trying to pay off what he owes which is almost always going to be more then it's worth.
    What is owed isn't it's value.

4. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    nada states that my 200 hp outboard is worth $125,,,,WTF:angry:

5. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I have a 96' Javelin 17' 6" bass boat with a 90 hp rude on the back. Carpet needs replacing. I had it at the local boat shop and was looking at some of the new boats. The owner and me got to talking and i asked him how much it would get on a trade in. I about died when he told me 2 grand. They look at nada then he dropped a mess off due the carpet needing replaced. I learnt right there that i will sell it off before i trade it in if i want a new boat.

6. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    NADA is dealer KBB is consumer.

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    be it auto or boat i never pay more than book value. some folks dont research a product before they buy. the internet has gotten to be the place to find most of the information that you will need before you make your buying decisions. my money is hard earned and i try to spend it wisely.

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If you trade anything in, just consider it a gift to whoever you traded it to. You didn't get anything of value in return. If you absolutely have to trade in what you have, always haggle the lowest price possible before even mentioning you want to trade something in. If they know you have a trade up front, you will give it to them. This goes for boats, cars, motorcycles, wives, etc.