Whats the deal with these animal rights people

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Montgomery, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i was driving in my car this afternoon. and i went by an old place my dad used to take me fishing years ago. and then as i was driving i crossed another place my dad used to take me fishing . key word here is USED to . now thers noting but dirt , where those ponds used to be. they've been filled in . i thought to my self. you got all these animal rights people protecting everything in the sea and ocean . and everything else. how can they be ok with just filling in a pond with life in it as well. i mean they just fill it in until its full. and thousands of fish just dead. i'm for the animal people . i am all about it . thats why i kinda got p$%T . cause both places was our 2 best places to fish. for anything . big bass you name it. but even if they wasn't .no body says nothing about that. i think by law they should be recuired to drain a pond before filling .at least make an attempt to be humain . thats what it all boils down to .they want us to be humain. but dont worry about the fish in small ponds . they really dont matter. i dont know just thought i would vent my opinon on thhis stuff. just gets under my skin.

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Your post leaves lots of unanswered questions Mike.

As sad as it is, many of those childhood memory places are all changed in the name of progress.

Are these places small farm ponds that are privately owned?

Are they areas that are/were public lands that were small lakes?

When were they filled in and by whom?

How do you know the fish were not removed and possibly relocated?

I certainly hope the draining and was done in a humane manner!

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    most of the animal rights people who run things dont care one way or the other about animals.they only care about imposing their will on others.in 1991 the georga cracker,a news letter published by the humain soc.,had an artical saying that they were killing,they used the other word,50 to 75 thousand dogs and cats a day and several trasch animals.these were horse,cow,and any thing that wasnt a dog or cat.i have give up trying to reason with these people.when they start their tirade i just turn and walk away.

4. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I can't stand those left wing, liberal, tree hugging, animal rights groups such as PETA or HSUS. In my opinion they're nothing more than a political party that's trying to force their beliefs and political issues onto us and they're doing a good job by the way. They're not about conservation or anmals, they're about taking away rights of animal owners,hunters, and fisherman. They could care less about your everyday pet owner.

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm with you on this, they shouldn't be filling in ponds like that. But these animal rights people are a lot worse than you might think. take a look at www.fishinghurts.com and see what these freaks think about fishing. 90% of the stuff I read on their site is all false and twisted. They are putting up bill boards to try and stop people from fishing - no way, nothing they're ever gonna do will stop us. I would rather have fishermen protest pond filling than animal rights activists.

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Those same "animal rights people" have a huge campaign to stop you, me, and everyone else from Fishing. So, if they had gotten involved, you wouldnt be able to fish those places anyways. Least without being harrassed or having your children be subjected to their bull @#$# .. You may want to research their real agenda before you lend much support or look to them for help. I can pretty much garuntee if you enjoy doing anything as a sportsman (Hunting, fishing, boating, hiking, etc), you will find you disagree with pretty much EVERYTHING they do.

7. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i dont know how to say what how i feel about it . even though they dont want us to fish. why would they not want to care about the saftey and well being of everything in these little ponds and lakes. care enough to get some law passed about filling in private ponds lakes etc. you know ! ok so the pond has to go. well drain and remove what you can . and must hire professional contrator. the stop people from doing it them selfs or saying they did it you know . SAVE THE FISH MAN

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just currious...What does the animal rights activists have to do with a pond being filled in? Were they responsible for the ponds being filled in, or are you upset that they did nothing to stop it? Just trying to get some perspective here. What leads you to believe tht the ponds were not first drained before being filled in? They have to be drained first, and I would bet the farm that there were people there collecting the fish either to eat them, or relocate them. I would not want the government, or especially an animal rights group involved in anything that I did if it were my ponds.

9. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I'm like some of the others on here and wonder who actually filled in the ponds and for what reason. I've never heard of animal activist doing that amount of work or any manual labor work as far as that goes other then running their mouth about things they don't have a clue as to whats going on in nature.

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I appreciate your sentimates, but the above underlined is the key phrase...