Whats the COOLEST boat mod?

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by SkipEye, Jul 20, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Just wondering what the coolest boat mod is that you have done to your boat or even seen done on another boat.

Big or small. Bait Boards, grills, rod racks, tops, lighting....you name it.

PICS would be good!

2. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    well the coolest mod to me on my boat i built a rod holder rack that goes across the back of the boat with 6 pvc type rod holders connected to a cedar 2-4 with 1/2 inch pipe for the stand

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I'm kind partial to this one.:wink:

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :eek:oooh:Well instead of fuzzy-dice hanging around... you could decorate one of them 16OZ sinkers you sling around!!!:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    C'mon guys, you KNOW the coolest thing you can add to your boat is a BOC sticker! :cool2:

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    The coolest thing is having a boat you don't have to modify. Saving My pennies now for a SeaArk Procat240.

Its also pretty cool when You learn to throw a net without putting the nasty thing in Your mouth.....Yuch. to each their own I guess. but I ain't puttin no slimy cast net in My mouth.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The coolest mod I got.................................is when the motor runs!!! My entire boat is a modification from ski boat to catfish boat! nothing sexy, just the essentials. I just can't afford a motor that is consistent

8. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    so far the 2 coolest mods to my boat dont have anything to do with cats.

i mounted an inboard battery charger, not fancy, but very important for the places i fish.

and i built a set of underwater lights that mount to my bow for gigging flounder. materials were cheap, its completely detachable, and best of all it works great.

my next mod. will be some decent rod holders on the back. then maybe a radio.

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I agree with dave brandens boat is cool .:cool2:

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yup brandons boat is sweet-I dont know if any one mod is cooler then the other but Id have to say building your boat and being able to use it is the bestess & coolest....it just dont get no better then that
    I posted mine under "river rader"-I just have a 15ft lowe with a 15hp sea horse but she is paid for so we are good.have it wired with lights-spotlights....fish finder - trolling motor-it has what we need to do it .....Love it and headin out in a little while:roll_eyes: